Blue Dawn shaped well in a couple of minor events earlier in the year and hasn’t been disgraced in a couple of handicaps, either. She still looked rough around the edges when finishing fourth to an improving type at Kempton in October and wasn’t seen to best effect on tapeta debut at Newcastle last time. All her runs so far have come over six furlongs, but she doesn’t look like a sprinter, so the step up to a mile now is expected to unlock further improvement, and she is well up to winning races from a falling mark of 58. She wears a first-time hood.
Newyorkstateofmind is thriving on the all-weather at present, proving at least as good as ever to resume winning ways over course and distance earlier this month and wasn’t seen to best effect dropped to the minimum trip back here last time. He was slowly into stride which didn’t help his cause and he was caught further back than ideal at the business end of the race, doing well to finish second to one who had the run of the race. The return to this trip will be in his favour and he again looks the one to beat.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
Keane’s Kingdom is the only three-year-old in the field and is much less exposed than all of his rivals, so he makes plenty of appeal now moving significantly up in trip for his handicap debut. He has shown just modest form in a couple of starts so far, but he has been handed a workable opening mark and has first-time blinkers fitted. The trip is an unknown but Archie Watson knows the time of day and he is an intriguing runner in an open handicap.
Timeform’s 3 best bets at Lingfield on Wednesday
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the New Year’s Day giveaway
- Ruby Walsh’s 10 to follow from Willie Mullins’ yard for the 2020/21 jumps season
- Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to pay their way for the new jumps season
- The latest racing results are just a click away on PP News
- Horse Racing: How to watch racing for free with Paddy Power