* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
SAMOOT represents powerful connections and shaped with plenty of encouragement when third on her debut at Sandown in August. Held up in the early stages, she stayed on gradually in the straight, but could never get on terms. She did well under the circumstances to be beaten just 3-and-a-quarter lengths (finished with running left).
That form is comfortably the best on offer in this maiden, while the large ‘P’ attached to her Timeform rating denotes that she is open to significant improvement. She is a confident selection to open her account at the second attempt.
STEALING SILK has taken well to this surface and looked to have plenty in hand when getting off the mark on her most recent appearance at this course. Making just her third start in a handicap, she travelled strongly into contention and stuck to her task well to lead inside the final furlong, going on to land the spoils by 2-and-a-half lengths. This will be tougher from a 7lb higher mark, but she is expected to prove equal to the task, especially when you factor in her scope for more improvement now stepping back up to a mile.
- DON’T MISS OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN CHECK OUT ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
COME ON LINDA has been knocking on the door recently, suggesting it’s only a matter of time before she belatedly opens her account. Her latest effort at Wolverhampton was her best yet, keeping on well over the longest trip she has encountered to be beaten just a neck in a bunched finish.
Her overall profile will be off-putting to some (still a maiden after 10 starts), but she’s a strong each-way contender in this company. Meanwhile, her recent record of run-to-run progress suggests she might be able to find the little extra needed to gain a deserved first win.
- Horse Racing: 3 to track after Cheltenham’s November meeting
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s 10 to follow from Willie Mullins’ yard for 2020/21
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to follow for the new jumps season