Our man Ruby Walsh is the most successful jockey in the history of the Cheltenham Festival.
Paddy’s resident expert chalked up a record 59 winners at the March meeting and claimed the Top Jockey prize on 11 occasions before retiring from the saddle in 2019.
Ruby certainly knows a good horse when he sees one having ridden the likes of Hurricane Fly, Kauto Star and Master Minded during his illustrious career.
So a savvy listener of our Cheltenham Countdown podcast asked the G.O.A.T which horse he would most like to ride at the 2023 Cheltenham Festival. You probably won’t be surprised by his answer…
“Constitution Hill [in the Champion Hurdle] – and prize money has nothing to do with it!
“What would you want to ride? You’d want to ride one that’s going to be the easiest to ride and has the biggest chance of winning and I would say that is Constitution Hill.”
Ruby is joined by top pundit Rory Delargy on our weekly Cheltenham Countdown podcast in the build up to the Festival previewing all the races before the off on Tuesday, March 14.
The latest Cheltenham Festival odds can be found on the Paddy Power website and Paddy Power app.
- Matt Chapman’s early Cheltenham tips fancies in the non runner money back markets
- Ruby Walsh’s Ryanair Chase tips include an 8/1 shout
- Rory Delargy’s Ryanair Chase tips include a 6/1 shout
Read More on the 2023 Cheltenham Festival
- When is the Cheltenham Gold Cup? All the info on runners, betting and start times
- When is the Champion Chase? All the info on runners, betting and start times
- When is the Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle? All the info on runners, betting and start times