What if racing fans behaved like football fans? Ever thought about that?
Booing, haranguing, furious phone ins, Racing Fans TV…
It’s a harrowing thought, but let Paddy take you into a parallel universe where people call in to talkSPORT to discuss Godolphin’s net.
WATCH THE VIDEO IN THE TWITTER POST BELOW
"I'd like to make a point about Godolphin's Net Spend and Expected wins."
(18+ BeGambleAware) pic.twitter.com/3TzHSgb7yo
— Paddy Power (@paddypower) March 16, 2022
Imagine a world where gaggles of boisterous men heckle rival jockeys as they mount their horses.
You’ve got sweaty men in their mum’s spare rooms on Ferry Tracker working out where Willie Mullins’ horses are going.
Post-race interviews with super fans making countless excuses and wild celebrations mocking fans backing any horse that isn’t yours.
It’s truly harrowing, but it gets worse.
Adrian Durham pops up taking calls from fans wheeling out tired old net spend and expected win arguments.
And don’t forget the Twitter trolls and the Horse Racing Manager 2022 experts.
However, the worst is saved to last as we imagine what the biggest scourge in football would look like at the racetrack – people filming themselves celebrating.
So, whether you’re taking Paddy to the cleaners or struggling to pick your nose at Cheltenham this week, just remember…
It could always be worse.
NEW TO PADDY POWER NEWS?
WEDNESDAY CHELTENHAM TIPS
- CLICK HERE FOR OUR EPIC WEDNESDAY CHELTENHAM CHEAT SHEET
- Matt Chapman’s 7 top tips for Day 2 at Cheltenham
- Ruby Walsh’s Wednesday Cheltenham Cheat Sheet
- Top Paddy Power trader Frank Hickey picks his Cheltenham tips
- Sky Sports’ Gina Bryce picks her punts for Wednesday at Cheltenham
- He picked an 18/1 winner on Tuesday – here’s Paul Jacobs picks for the rest of Cheltenham