*Odds quoted on the widget are Future Racing/Antepost prices which means that if your selection does not run in the race for whatever reason, you will lose your stake under traditional antepost rules. Final declarations are on Dec 23 for Sunday’s feature this year.
With Christmas right round the corner, attention often turns to the King George VI Chase at Kempton Park on Boxing Day. While Clan Des Obeaux for Paul Nicholls is hoping to win it for the third time this year, Kauto Star is the horse that springs to mind when you think of the King George VI Chase.
HELLO FROM PADDY POWER NEWS!
The bay gelding is a five-time winner of the race in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2011. Our resident jockey-turned-pundit Ruby Walsh was on board for all five wins at Kempton.
But does Ruby have a favourite out of his five wins? He was asked on our latest From The Horse’s Mouth Punters’ Panel episode.
STUDY THE FORM IN STYLE
- CHECK OUT OUR SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE, EVERY DAY
He said: “The last win was the best for sure. The first was brilliant and he was a steering job in runs two, three and four but the last one was the best one.
“He’d been beaten in January 2011 at Kempton, finishing behind Long Run and Riverside Theatre.
“Long Run was favourite heading into it but Kauto Star just turned it on. He jumped impeccably that day and he was never going to be caught.
“I’d have another go at the last run at Kempton for obvious reasons!”
Champion trainer Nicholls is the most successful trainer in the King George VI Chase, with the 59-year-old having the winner on 12 occasions.
If you’d like the chance to speak to Ruby, Paddy or Frank and appear on the show, just drop us a line on [email protected] to let us know you’re interested and we’ll be in touch. Easy peasy. Oh, and if you’re not already a subscriber to From The Horse’s Mouth, you can remedy that HERE.
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
AND GET THE RESULTS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE
- WE’VE GOT ALL THE HORSE RACING FAST RESULTS YOU NEED
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Paddy Power racing punter nets €37,239 off €1 Lucky 15
- Cheltenham Betting: Honeysuckle hardens in Champion Hurdle market for repeat win at 2022 Festival
- Cheltenham Festival: Energumene is on the scene in Champion Chase shake-up
- Cheltenham Festival: Blazing Khal has Paddy on the run in the Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle