*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
Grand National hero Tiger Roll makes his seasonal reappearance at the scene of his greatest achievements on Saturday.
NEW TO PADDY POWER?
Instead of being sent over Aintree’s iconic Grand National fences in the Becher Chase, Gordon Elliott and Gigginstown House Stud have decided to pitch the popular horse in the Many Clouds Chase at 14:05.
Speaking on the latest episode of our From The Horse’s Mouth podcast, Paddy Power pundit Matt Chapman admitted he is baffled by the decision to run Tiger Roll in the Grade 2 contest against the likes of Native River and Protektorat.
I have no idea why Tiger Roll isn’t in the Becher Chase. We all know he’s going to be tailed off in this. What is the point?
What is the point when he could be running under top weight in the Becher Chase doing the thing that he loves.
I just don’t get the campaigning of that horse but that’s probably for another day.
There should be a strong gallop on here and Native River is unlikely to get it easy up front.
That should set up victory for Protektorat, who should get home over this tight track even with some juice in the ground.
Dan Skelton’s runner – ridden by Bridget Andrews – flew home to finish second in the Paddy Power Gold Cup (which was an excellent race) and will be hard to stop.
- Horse Racing Tips: Ruby Walsh’s 8 best bets for Saturday’s ITV racing
- Horse Racing Tips: Matt Chapman’s 8 super selections for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing Tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 8 sweet picks for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing Tips: Your ITV racing cheat sheet for Saturday’s action
- Becher Chase runner-by-runner guide to the 22 contenders in Saturday’s big race at Aintree
- Many Clouds Chase runner-by-runner guide as Tiger Roll faces 7 rivals