*Odds quoted on the widget are Future Racing/Antepost prices which means that if your selection does not run in the race for whatever reason, you will lose your stake under traditional antepost rules
Cloudy Glen has entered Paddy Power’s Grand National 2022 antepost betting market after an impressive victory in the Ladbrokes Trophy.
Sporting the colours of the late Trevor Hemmings, the proud owner of three Grand National winners, Cloudy Glen defied odds of 33/1 to land the Grade 3 handicap chase at Newbury last Saturday. The eight-year-old bay gelding has been handed a 10lbs rise by the handicapper for his efforts.
NEW TO PADDY POWER?
Cloudy Glen’s Aintree connections further extend to trainer Venetia Williams, who saddled shock 100/1 champ Mon Mome in 2009.
The winner of last season’s Grand National, Minella Times, is one of four horses battling for favouritism at the head of our early betting.
Ted Walsh has one Grand National title on his training CV and will hope this year’s third Any Second Now can build on that performance in 2022.
Gordon Elliott hinted at an Aintree tilt for Galvin after a winning return to the track in the Irish Daily Star Chase in October. The seven-year-old has since strengthen his claims by placing second in the Grade 1 Champion Chase at Down Royal.
The fourth contender, Run Wild Fred, leapt to co-favouritism after a mighty victory in last month’s Troytown Handicap Chase at Navan.
Welsh National 2020 winner Secret Reprieve received plenty of antepost support ahead of last season’s renewal but agonisingly missed out on a place in the 40-runner field. A defence of his Welsh National crown is on the immediate agenda.
Cloth Cap went off a short-priced favourite in April’s Grand National but failed to justify the hype as he was pulled up. Jonjo O’Neill’s charge was sixth in the Ladbrokes Trophy last weekend and his mark has already dropped 6lbs from the start of the season.
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
- Tingle Creek 2021: Chacun Pour Soi heads early betting as 8 stand ground
- Becher Chase 2021: Chris’s Dream heads the weights at 26 eye Aintree glory
- John Durkan Chase: Envoi Allen the favourite as Grand National hero set to run
- King George VI Chase: Lostintranslation cut for Kempton Boxing Day feature
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 jumps season
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 National Hunt season
- When is the Grand National 2022? The date for next year’s race