*Odds quoted on the widget are Future Racing/Antepost prices which means that if your selection does not run in the race for whatever reason, you will lose your stake under traditional antepost rules
Paddy’s traders have slashed Envoi Allen’s odds for the Cheltenham Gold Cup 2022 after a successful start to the season.
The dual Cheltenham Festival winner bounced back in fine style on Saturday after a nightmare end to the last campaign. He was switched to Henry de Bromhead’s yard in March before falling when odds-on favourite in the Marsh Novices’ Chase and pulling up in the Champion Novice Chase at the Punchestown Festival the following month.
NEW TO PADDY POWER?
Envoi Allen got back to winning ways on his seasonal reappearance in the Grade 2 Join Racing TV Chase at Down Royal, scoring by 22l from 200/1 shot Echoes Of Family to notch his first success since joining De Bromhead.
Speaking after the 2m 3½f race, the trainer said: “It’s lovely to start like that. He was really good, jumped brilliantly, and you can tell by the smile on Rachael [Blackmore]’s face what a buzz she got from it. That was a good test for him today and he’ll step forward from that.
“I was so focused on this that I haven’t really thought beyond it or discussed future plans. The John Durkan at Punchestown would look to be a very obvious race for him but we’ll see.”
The Cheltenham Gold Cup 2022 could be the long-term target for connections and Paddy’s traders reacted to the win by cutting his price to 8/1 for the big race.
Minella Indo, who claimed this year’s renewal, could only finish third behind Frodon in the Down Royal Champion Chase on his first start of the season on Saturday. De Bromhead’s charge remains the antepost favourite ahead of stablemate A Plus Tard.
Despite De Bromhead indicating that the John Durkan Chase at Punchestown on December 5 would be the next target for Envoi Allen, Paddy’s trader also slashed Envoi Allen’s odds for the King George VI Chase, which takes place three weeks later on Boxing Day.
The Knockeen handler also admitted he was unsure whether Envoi Allen would be stepped up in trip so the seven-year-old’s price for the Ryanair Chase 2022 has also been trimmed.
Cheltenham Gold Cup 2022 Antepost Odds
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 jumps season
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 National Hunt season
- Cheltenham Festival: Monkfish injury shakes up Gold Cup 2022 antepost market
- Cheltenham Festival: Honeysuckle tops Champion Hurdle 2022 antepost market
- Cheltenham Festival: Shishkin the early favourite for Champion Chase 2022
- Cheltenham Festival: When is the 2022 Cheltenham Festival at Prestbury Park?