*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
The Charlie Hall Chase is one of the biggest renewals on a bumper day of horse racing in the UK and Ireland on Saturday, October 30.
A string of National Hunt stars have won the Grade 2 contest in recent years including Bristol De Mai, Definitly Red and Ballyoptic. Cyrname was first past the post last year and is set to attempt to be the first horse since See More Business in 2000 to win the race in consecutive years.
NEW TO PADDY POWER?
Paul Nicholls’ charge has a 6lb penalty for triumphing at the left-handed track in 2020 and is one of seven horses to be declared for this year’s renewal, with the field set to go to post at 3.05pm.
Cyrname (Harry Cobden)
Clondaw Castle (Jonathan Burke)
Mighty Thunder (Derek Fox)
Shan Blue (Harry Skelton)
Fusil Raffles (Daryl Jacob)
Kitty’s Light (Jack Tudor)
Top Ville Ben (Thomas Dowson)
Cyrname is the favourite to repeat last year’s victory despite pulling up on his last two runs before a 252-day break. runs well when fresh and can be nabbed at 7/2 in our early betting. Clondaw Castle, last seen on track trailing Clan Des Obeaux by 26l at Aintree in April, and Shan Blue, who claimed the Kauto Star Novices’ Chase last December, are vying for second in the betting.
How can I watch the Charlie Hall Chase 2021? Well, that’s a great question with a couple of answers, pal. If you plan to watch the race on TV then you’ll want to watch ITV4 from 1pm to 4pm as Ed Chamberlin and the rest of the ITV Racing gang bring you live coverage from Wetherby, Ascot and Down Royal on a huge day of action.
If you’ll be watching online or on mobile then you can catch the race on paddypower.com. We’ve been live streaming races from either side of the Irish Sea since June 2020 and the best news is you don’t even have to place a bet to watch, just log in to your account!
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Charlie Hall Chase tips from Paddy Power’s horse racing experts
- Charlie Hall Chase 2021 runner-by-runner guide
- Down Royal Champion Chase 2021 entries, date, start time and how to watch
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 jumps season
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 10 to follow for the 2021/22 National Hunt season
- Cheltenham Festival: Third Time Lucki cut to 14/1 for Arkle Chase
- Cheltenham Festival: When is the 2022 Cheltenham Festival at Prestbury Park?