*Odds quoted on the widget are Future Racing/Antepost prices which means that if your selection does not run in the race for whatever reason, you will lose your stake under traditional antepost rules
Matt Chapman is buzzing at the prospect of next week’s Ebor Festival as the leading names in the Flat game head to the Knavesmire for four days of top-quality racing.
York’s meeting follows hot on the heels of Glorious Goodwood, which was impacted by Stradivarius forgoing a crack at a fifth Goodwood Cup due to unfavourable conditions as the rain bucketed it down.
John & Thady Gosden’s superstar is set to run in the Lonsdale Cup on day three of the Ebor Festival amid doubts over his ability to perform at the top level at the age of seven after a poor performance in the Gold Cup at Royal Ascot in June.
Speaking on the latest episode of our From The Horse’s Mouth podcast, Paddy’s pal Matt detailed why he’s desperate for Stradivarius to prove his critics wrong.
York’s going to be absolutely fantastic and the horse I’d like to come back is Stradivarius. He’s given us so much pleasure over the years and everyone’s just about written him off now.
It would be just great for him to cruise behind the leaders, just quicken away and suddenly he shows us what he can do. The roof will be lifted off the stand if he can get back to his best.
Lonsdale Cup Antepost Betting
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- York Ebor Festival: 5 antepost favourites for next week’s biggest races
- Horse Racing: Hurricane Lane the antepost favourite for St Leger glory
- Horse Racing: 3 things learned from Glorious Goodwood as Baaeed stars
- Catch up on all the results from Glorious Goodwood 2021