*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
A total of 17 runners remain on course for the Irish Derby 2021 after the latest forfeit stage.
Epsom Derby winner Adayar will not be running at the Curragh after being among the 53 horses to be withdrawn on Tuesday June 22.
The Charlie Appleby-trained colt could have become the 19th horse to complete the Derby double on both side of the Irish Sea – Harzand being the most recent in 2016 – but connections previously indicated the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Ascot in July is the next target.
Appleby’s yard will instead be represented by Dante Stakes winner Hurricane Lane, who was third in the Epsom Derby.
Aidan O’Brien has eight horses holding entries including antepost favourite High Definition, King George V Stakes runner-up Sir Lamorak and Irish 2,000 Guineas third Van Gogh.
Bolshoi Ballet has been ruled out having only just recovered from a cut to his hind leg suffered in the early stages of the Epsom Derby.
Mojo Star has been supplemented after placing second at Epsom behind Adayar at odds of 50/1. Earlswood – a Group 3 winner at the Curragh last month – has also been added.
Irish 2000 Guineas winner Mac Swiney is prominent in the antepost betting and is Jim Bolger’s sole entrant.
Irish Derby 2021 Odds
*Odds quoted on the widget are Future Racing/Antepost prices which means that if your selection does not run in the race for whatever reason, you will lose your stake under traditional antepost rules
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Irish Derby 2021 start time, prize money and runners
- All the results from Royal Ascot 2021
- When is Royal Ascot 2022? The dates for your diary!
- The date for next year’s Epsom Derby after Adayar’s 2021 success
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Click here for our £/€20 risk-free sign up offer