*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
The world’s greatest flat race is coming into view and the best three-year-olds in the game are gearing up to slug it out over one mile and four furlongs on the unique track at Epsom Downs.
A top-quality field will go to post at 4.30pm on Saturday June 5 but a clear favourite has emerged from the pack.
BOLSHOI BALLET – sired by the incredible Galileo – followed in his dad’s footsteps by romping to glory in the Ballysax Stakes and Derrinstown Stud Derby Trial Stakes ahead of the big one at Epsom.
The bay colt – trained by the master Aidan O’Brien – has clearly impressed punters and is available at 5/4 with Paddy Power for the Epsom Derby 2021.
Fairway Stakes winner JOHN LEEPER – sired by the unbeaten Frankel – is second in the betting at 13/2 following the withdrawal of High Definition.
Ruby Walsh’s Epsom Derby 2021 Tip
Paddy Power pundit Ruby Walsh: “BOLSHOI BALLET just looked incredible in the Derrinstown Derby Trial and he looks the real deal to me. You’ve got to go back a long way, the early 2000s, to find the horse who won the Derby after winning the Derrinstown Derby Trial but Bolshoi Ballet could be the next to do it. I’d say he’s my NAP!”
Epsom Derby 2021 Betting
Bolshoi Ballet – 5/4
John Leeper – 13/2
Mac Swiney – 7/1
Mohaafeth – 9/1
Hurricane Lane – 10/1
Third Realm – 12/1
Southern Lights – 20/1
One Ruler – 25/1
Youth Spirit – 33/1
Adayar – 33/1
Gear Up – 40/1
Mojo Star – 100/1
- OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN CHECK OUT ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
Read More on the Epsom Derby
- Horse Racing Tips: Ruby Walsh’s best antepost bets for the Epsom Derby
- Horse Racing Tips: Frank Hickey’s best antepost bets for the Epsom Derby
- Epsom Derby 2021 date and start time details
- Bolshoi Ballet the hot favourite for 2021 Epsom Derby
- Bolshoi Ballet ‘ticks a lot of boxes’ after tasty trial win
- Timeform think they’ve spotted the Epsom Derby runner to beat