* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Soft ground is a question mark for plenty of these, but PIED PIPER does look one that is all about stamina and this trip on softish ground would look ideal for him. He’s already won his maiden on heavy ground at the end of last year and looks a horse who’ll relish this sort of test.
He has been a bit tricky in the past however, including when he won his maiden. He’s hung on a few of his starts, but they’ve put the blinkers on him for the first time and that could just be what he needs. He definitely looks a horse who is capable of winning this, and hopefully the blinkers and a first-time Frankie Dettori ride might squeeze some of that talent out of him.
There has to be a worry about a lot of these not running well (or at all) if the ground is proper soft. Nando Parrado is the only one with any form on softish ground and he never looked to enjoy it in Longchamp at the end of last year. Plenty of these are nice movers, so you’d worry about them on this sort of ground.
MITHRAS would be the one I’d give a good chance to of handling the ground, his pedigree would offer you some hope given his dam has gone well in Group company on soft ground before and he will improve for stepping up to a mile again. He was slightly fortunate to win his race at Newbury on seasonal debut given Saint Lawrence hung late on, but he would have given him a good race anyway.
Saint Lawrence went on to finish second in a Listed race next up and I reckon that race on the whole is pretty strong, so I wouldn’t be overly put off by him only being rated 98. Mithras should be more than capable of going well in this grade, he looks one who is going the right way and should run a big race granted he handles the ground.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Your best bets at Lingfield on Thursday with Timeform
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform take us through the card at Sandown on Thursday
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s best antepost Curragh bets this weekend
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey’s best antepost bets at the Curragh on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey’s best antepost bets at the Curragh on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: A classy 5/1 play tops our best bets at Wolverhampton today
- Horse Racing tips: An ace 14/1 pick leads our Thursday bets at Tipperary