* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
There should be a good run in recent Windsor winner ELOQUENT ARTHUR, who will be fine over this extra furlong on softer ground. London Palladium has similar conditions as for his last win and needs shortlisting too. But, the danger could be Impeller, who has already left his two-year-old form behind.
Watch out for any confidence behind Chanteiro, but this is probably best left to KODA LEGEND – who no doubt bumped into a smart one at Goodwood. It’s a dubious formline that suggests Man On A Mission should give the selection a race and feared most is Ebro River, who didn’t shape at all badly at Newmarket.
Although it’s a little surprising to see HELLO ZABEEL back in trip after finishing so well over 7 furlongs on his debut here, he is at least related to a very smart sprinter. Similar comments apply to Skyrunner, but he’s the most likely danger, along with fellow course winner Rogue Bear. General Sago should also be on the scene and others to note are Maajdah (favourite for her debut) and Ironside (with a view to handicaps).
Invite looks well handicapped having got to within a length of the Lingfield Oaks Trial runner-up at Windsor, but not far behind her that day was GALAH – who will be happier on this softer surface. This is trappy though, as while Coupe De Champagne seems a better horse on the all-weather, cases can be made for the remainder.
The eyes are drawn to handicap debutant THIRD KINGDOM, who could barely have won his final maiden any easier. Beau Jardine is a big threat after winning his first two, while Isla Kai must have entered a few notebooks when an encouraging fourth behind a stablemate of the selection at Newcastle a month ago.
This should be a level-playing field with pace high and low. With Tim Easterby’s team flying there can be a big run in MUSIC SOCIETY (NAP). He perhaps didn’t fancy a second successive run on fast ground when below his best at Thirsk and, back under his optimum conditions, he’s handicapped to go close. Roundhay Park is always a solid proposition in races of this nature and Dick Datchery also makes the shortlist.
If Charlie Arthur is as good on turf as the all-weather he’ll take some stopping off today’s mark, but the evidence so far suggests there are doubts about that, and preference is for GALIDERMES who won three times in France and should be well suited by this step back up in trip. Red Derek is interesting down in grade having shaped well at Chester and could provide the main threat, ahead of Licit.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s Lucky 15 for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s super picks for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 7 super picks for Saturday’s ITV Racing
- Horse Racing tips: Paddy Power’s 7 top picks for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 best bets at Newbury on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: A classy 8/1 shot tops our Saturday selections at Navan