* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
DIXIE FLYER is a notable recruit to a stable having an annus mirabilis. Likely he will be well-schooled. That said, this is a decent enough maiden, Part Time Farmer among the dangers.
Almost impossibly trappy for eight runners with so much back-form. SCARPETA, perhaps, has less to prove than some of them. Darver Star commences this season with a lot of question-marks, but then again that is the theme of this race.
With Lunar Display having missed an engagement here on Sunday EYRE SQUARE, who has similar form credentials to Joseph O’Brien’s mare, gets the vote. Merry Doyenne may prove best of the remainder.
MAX FLAMINGO makes plenty of each-way appeal here, presuming the 16 tog out. His progress has been steady and convincing. Western Run also comes into it, ditto Born Patriot.
Several arrive here with big questions to answer, and Willie Mullins does not make things easy by saddling four of the eight. Peregrine Run is bidding for a hat-trick in this event and should be ready to do himself justice after a good run over hurdles at Punchestown. However, EASY GAME counted him among his victims in a Grade 2 at Gowran last October and may land the spoils for Mullins.
Staying chasers can be in and out when they run regularly in tough handicaps and this is of limited punting appeal. The glaring exception in terms of potential progress is UISCE BEATHA, developing into a useful stayer, with time still an ally. Waitnsee, one of two mares in the field, comes into it.
Enda Bolger’s STAKER WALLACE has been competing effectively in top hunter chase company and should be too good for these rivals. Down Royal winner Some Man should take second head ahead of Warriors Tale who turned back the clock with his Cork success.
Sixth in a 25-runner bumper at the Punchestown festival, SUPREME JET may not have to improve a great deal in order to win here. My Design shaped promisingly when winning a maiden point at Borris House. Goldwin House is worth considering after a good over hurdles at Kilbeggan. Newcomer Should’ve will not be far away if he has the same sort of ability as his versatile half-brother Jerandme.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Gallop over to Paddy Power News for all the latest racing tips
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 3 fancies to follow at the York Festival
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 8 best bets at Lingfield on Monday
- Horse Racing tips: Our 3 must-see picks for Monday’s meetings