* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
CATHAYENSIS appeared to have been let in on a lenient mark for her handicap debut at Newcastle last month and duly proved that to be the case when running out a ready winner. She was outpaced over 2 furlongs out, but found a change of gear and was never stronger than at the finish.
That suggests this longer trip could bring about even more improvement. The handicapper has raised her 6lbs for that win, but it could underestimate her, and she is strongly fancied to follow up.
HEAVENLY ROSE shaped with a fair bit of encouragement on debut at Newbury last month, beaten under 3 lengths in fifth by some promising sorts. She started a big price on that occasion, so clearly the experience and fitness was needed.
She should take another step forward now. There doesn’t appear to be as much depth in this race and she looks a strong contender with Hollie Doyle taking over in the saddle.
SHARPCLIFF started big prices on his first two starts, but was tighter in the betting over further at this course last time and appeals as the type to do better now handicapping. He didn’t get the smoothest of runs on that occasion, having to come wide entering the straight.
The form looks solid with the winner going in again since. An opening mark of 67 looks fair and he has a live chance in an open-looking race.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 8 best bets at Lingfield on Tuesday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 5 fancies to follow at the Chester Festival
- Rejoice! Paddy Power’s England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland betting shops are now open
- You can now deposit to your Paddy Power account with PayPoint