* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Grand Bazaar disappointed on his last run over 1m 6f at York, but he has had a long season and is a course and distance winner at Newmarket. However, SKY DEFENDER could be a bit of value in the market against him.
He was second to Victory Chime at Epsom in mid-April and while he has been running mostly over 10 furlongs, he’s open to more improvement over this 12-furlong trip. He’s an older horse, so Mark Johnston has to try something to bring out some improvement in the five-year-old – his second string behind Zabel Champion in this race.
A’shaari looks the one to beat on her Newmarket win over 7 furlongs last season on her only start, but William Haggas’ string is in fine form and SEA KARATS looked like she might be going places when finishing third to Gloria Mundi at Newbury in mid-April.
She jumps straight to Listed company here having not won that maiden. That could be a hint in itself and I’m going to take it.
Queen Power hasn’t won for a little while, so I’m going with POSTED – who is the highest-rated filly in the race. She’s rated 110 for Richard Hannon with William Buick riding and get can get off the mark on his seasonal debut.
The feature race of the day is the 1,000 Guineas and Aidan O’Brien’s Santa Barbara is the red-hot favourite. She’s only won a maiden at the Curragh on her sole start last season, but you can’t discount Aidan O’Brien’s record in the Classics. He’s been talking up her chances and saying how good her homework is in the run-up to the race.
I’m going to take her on at the prices though, as I was greatly taken by Andrew Balding’s interview after ALCOHOL FREE won the Dubai Duty Free Stakes at Newbury in mid-April. He thought there was a lot of improvement to come from this filly and Oisin Murphy rides, which is another postive. She could be a bit of value to hit the places at least.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey’s 3 best bets at Newmarket on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Paddy Power’s slick 7 picks for Sunday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s best bets for Sunday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s Sunday selections for the races on ITV