* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
AERION POWER won his final two-year-old start at Wolverhampton and then improved again after five months off to follow up at Newcastle last time. Stepped up to a mile for the first time at Newcastle, he made good headway to lead over a furlong out and kept going well to readily defy a BHA mark of 81, beating another well-treated sort by a length-and-a-quarter.
There is no reason why Aerion Power shouldn’t prove equally effective on turf, and he remains open to more improvement after only four starts. This looks a good opportunity for him to complete the hat-trick from an 8lbs higher mark than last time, with a good-value claimer taking over in the saddle.
EDRAAK has done most of his racing on the all-weather, but he was strong in the betting and duly proved at least as good as ever to make a mockery of his lower turf mark at Windsor three weeks ago. Settled just behind the leaders in the early stages, he was shaken up entering the final two furlongs and quickly asserted to land the spoils by three lengths with plenty in hand.
Clearly, this will be tougher from 9lbs higher in the weights, but Edraak remains relatively unexposed and probably hasn’t finished improving just yet. The fast ground here will also suit and gives cause for plenty of optimism as he seeks the fourth success of his career in a useful sprint handicap.
BLACKHEATH has the potential to be underestimated in the betting following a below-par performance at Newmarket last month. That was his first start for Michael Dods (formerly trained by Ed Walker) after five months off. He wasn’t seen to best effect given how things developed, facing a hopeless task in a contest where it proved difficult to make up ground from off the pace.
It’s worth putting a line through that run under the circumstances, and there is no doubt Blackheath is well treated judged on the pick of his efforts. Indeed, he is now 2lbs below his last winning mark and drops significantly in grade here with a tongue strap applied for the first time.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s best bets at Punchestown on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 6 best bets for Saturday’s ITV Racing
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 6 picks for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Paddy Power’s 6 best bets for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Paddy Power’s best bets at Punchestown on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 5 value weekend plays at Newmarket and Thirsk
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey’s top picks at Punchestown on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey’s 4 best bets for Saturday’s ITV races
- 1000 Guineas runner-by-runner guide for Newmarket Classic on ITV Racing