* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
ITV Saturday gets under way with this handicap over 1m1f. STARCAT could have each-way claims for the Hughie Morrison stable which is going just fine. The lightly-raced gelding has been dropped a few pounds since he started handicapping but has already shown at Doncaster that he can perform off this sort of mark. James Doyle is a good booking and the trip is fine.
ITV also show one from Goodwood, namely this Listed fillies’ stakes over 1m. It’s a huge chance for MAAMORA to make a mark under Pat Cosgrace for Simon and Ed Crisford. The mare was much improved when last seen using those tactics to cause an upset at Sundown and there might be more to come as she is very lightly raced.
Onto the Group 3 Palace House Stakes over 5f. The sprinting division is weak and wide open. I’ll chance EMARAATY ANA each way for Kevin Ryan and Andrea Atzeni. The gelding has been consistent the last two runs behind Royal Commando in the Cammidge and Summerghand and Oxted in the Abernant. That’s fair form and the price is all right.
ITV has one from Thirsk in the Hunt Cup over 1m but this is a tough one. Nugget was good at Newbury but I will bank ON A SESSION each-way for David Barron and Connor Beasley. Placed efforts at Galway and Wolverhampton show he can perform off his current mark and this type of race is just what he likes. He might be a bit pacey for some of these.
It’s Group 2 Jockey Club Stakes now over 1m4f. This is a big step up for Al Zaraqaan but he has looked really good. However, I’ll stick with the tough PYLEDRIVER for the William Muir and Chris Grassick team, with Martin Dwyer on board. He was a decent three-year-old landing the King Edward VII at Royal Ascot and finishing an unlucky third in the St Leger. If he’s trained on he should have every chance.
Now the big one, the first Classic of the season in the Group 1 2000 Guineas over 1m. Regular readers of my paper column will know I am all over THUNDER MOON for Joseph O’Brien and Declan McDonogh. The Dewhurst third was exceptional in the National Stakes as a juvenile and just found the soft ground blunting his pace in the Newmarket Group 1. I also expect a bold show from Mutasaabeq and wouldn’t put you off a few quid each way. Jim Crowley thinks this horse is really good and he’s looked special in two wins for Charlie Hills.
So best of luck and pray for Yeeehaaas. You hear me Paddy?
Matt Chapman’s best bets for Saturday’s ITV races:
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Click here for our £/€20 risk-free sign up offer
- Rejoice! Paddy Power’s England, Scotland and Wales betting shops are now open
- You can now deposit to your Paddy Power account with PayPoint
- Ruby Walsh tips two Cheltenham Festival winners for repeat success in 2022
- What went wrong for Chacun Pour Soi at the Cheltenham Festival
- Ruby Walsh tips Shishkin for Champion Chase entry at 2022 Cheltenham Festival