* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
The in-form Brandy Station has to overcome a hefty weight rise and that might just find him out in his hat-trick bid. Moonraker is very well treated if staging a revival and Qaaraat boasts recent form which puts him in the mix.
However, top weight TRUE HERO may have more to offer and the merit of his latest course and distance second has been well advertised by the winner that day. He may prove too strong for Brandy Station.
The positives about this field are not abundant but Andrew Balding may well hold the key. He fields two including MONEYKENNY, whose recent race at Windsor was probably the strongest indicator of ability.
He was hard to settle in the early stages that day and his more stoutly bred stablemate Winterwatch sports a hood first time out. Toutatis having accomplished something in bumpers puts him second on the list, although Chipping Away steps down in class after the Wood Ditton.
Driftwood has done all of her racing at this track and it wouldn’t be a surprise if she made a bold bid on this switch back to sprinting. Kath’s Toyboy still has potential and could make a serious impact if cheekpieces work in his first handicap.
But, the one that appeals most is DABIRSTAR, who looks feasibly treated on her close call over course and distance on her second start and could resume her progress back at 6 furlongs on her handicap debut.
It will be interesting to see how Piselli Molli and French import Dream Composer get on, but JOIN FORCES has a more convincing profile at this stage and Racing Post ratings suggests she is the most likely winner if adapting to Fibresand. Kevin The Minion has shown he can handle this surface and may give him most to do.
Having finished in front of two of these when fourth on turf last time and given his liking for Fibresand, Tynecastle Park has to be given serious conisderation. However, one of those vanquished rivals, RAVENSCAR, had completed a hat-trick here before that step backwards and her unbeaten record on this surface swings the verdict in her favour. Charlie D looks best of the rest.
Plenty of possibilities in a competitive handicap but SUSIE JAVEA, who loves it here, looks sure to give her supporters a run for their money and is the percentage call. The list of dangers is headed by Dr Jekyll, Holiday Magic and, in particular, Starter For Ten.
Having shed his maiden tag over course and distance last time, the lightly raced SEND IN THE CLOUDS (NAP) should have more to offer and can defy his 3lbS higher mark. Mostallim may pose the biggest threat, while others to consider include The Retriever, Socru and Tyche.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s Cheat Sheet for Punchestown on Thursday
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s best bets for Day 3 at Punchestown
- Horse Racing tips: Paddy Power’s best bets for Day 3 at Punchestown
- Horse Racing tips: Our trader’s 3 best bets for Punchestown on Thursday
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 8 great bets at Punchestown on Thursday
- Horse Racing tips: Through the card at Redcar on Thursday with Timeform
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 3 best bets at Chelmsford on Thursday
- Horse Racing tips: 7 super picks at Chelmsford today