He used to ride a bit, but TV’s top racing pundit (no offence, Matt) Ruby Walsh is back for another go at Aintree on day two of the Grand National meeting – don’t forget the big race is coming up this Saturday, April 10th at 5:15pm.
And after a cracking day one on Thursday afternoon, Ruby’s got that look in his eye like when he sees the winning post at Cheltenham – he just cannot wait to get stuck into Friday’s card.
That’s because there’s a frankly ridiculous amount of quality racing lined up for the second afternoon on Merseyside, including FOUR Grade 1 races and the Topham Chase over the Grand National fences to boot!
You can’t blame him for being just a little bit excited.
But, naturally, he’s kept a cool head and delivered his clear-eyed and objective analysis of every race for his Friday cheat sheet – here are a few stand-out selections for your perusal:
Ruby says: “I’m going for MONTE CRISTO who ran down the field in the Coral Cup…”
Ruby says: “I would give CARIBEAN BOY a shout to beat Livelovelaugh. He’s a similar type of horse to the favourite, who runs on the pace and attacks his jumps.”
Ruby says: “BOLD ENOUGH’s run behind Pure Genius at Downpatrick was good while Hugh Morgan claims 5lbs off his back.”
And here’s Ruby’s cheat sheet in full:
READ MORE ON AINTREE 2021
- Mick Fitz’s best bets for day two at Aintree
- Matt Chapman makes his picks for day two at Aintree
- Our pundit-packed cheat sheet for day two at Aintree
- Grand National tips: Ruby Walsh’s antepost best bets for the 2021 Aintree race
- Grand National tips: Frank Hickey’s antepost best bets for the 2021 Aintree race
- Grand National: 5 trends to note when picking your horse for Aintree 2021
- Grand National 2021 runners, entries and latest betting for Aintree
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS