* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Monete is surely better than she showed on last week’s hurdle/stable debut, while Top Power had useful placed form on the Flat for previous connections. The pair to focus on look to be Castel Gandolfo and TULIN, however the latter can cope with faster ground and defy his penalty.
Several with claims, but the best option looks to be CHEZ HANS, who has run into improving rivals when twice second at this track. Grooveur, from a yard in fine form, is next best after last week’s surprise novice win, with Passing Shadow also considered.
It’s hard to place much confidence in any of these, but EVA’S DIVA has run well enough in three starts for this yard to suggest she could be the answer. Freedom Chimes is next best, ahead of Mi Laddo.
This is decidedly trappy and the market needs monitoring closely with several runners open to improvement as they move into handicaps. Particularly dangerous is Grandee, who was fairly useful on the Flat, but the vote goes to LETSBE AVENUE – who is in better form than his recent form figures suggest. Theocrat is unexposed over hurdles and looks a threat.
The lightly raced mare LADY KK (NAP) did it easily at Ffos Las last Thursday and, even racing off 8lbs higher today, she’s 4lbs lower than she’ll be when her new mark kicks off and she can follow up. Calva D’Auge could go well now back up in trip on this return to hurdling, but Captain Tommy may be the chief threat on this first run since wind surgery.
The lightly raced eight-year-old FLECK IVY won at Plumpton last month on his second chase start and is open to further improvement. He is the selection ahead of the returning Veiled Secret, who went very close at Market Rasen last time out in October. The penalised Arcade Attraction won at Ffos Las last week and is also respected.
All of these carry risks of one sort or another. LEGEND OF ZORRO was pulled up last time for example, but conditions should be ideal for him. He’s selected in the hope that a change of scenery and a break will revive him. The in-form Minella Voucher is unlikely to be far away, while Shattered Glass would be very dangerous if returning to his form from two outings ago.
Although turned over when favourite at Wincanton on Boxing Day, KANDOO KID was far from disgraced and he can make amends if handling today’s firmer ground. American Gerry shaped nicely over course and distance on his Rules debut and is second choice having changed stables since then. All four newcomers make some appeal on paper and the market should prove informative.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Horse Racing Tips: Aintree Cheat Sheet for all of Thursday’s races
- Aintree tips: Ruby Walsh’s Cheat Sheet for every Thursday race
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s six slick picks at Aintree on Thursday
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s best bets for ITV Racing at Aintree on Thursday
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey’s 8 that could be great at Aintree on Thursday
- Horse Racing tips: Through the card at Aintree on Thursday with Timeform
- Grand National tips: Ruby Walsh’s antepost best bets for the 2021 Aintree race
- Grand National tips: Frank Hickey’s antepost best bets for the 2021 Aintree race
- Grand National: 5 trends to note when picking your horse for Aintree 2021
- Grand National 2021 runners, entries and latest betting for Aintree