*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while in-copy odds are accurate at the time of publication but subject to change
THE WEST AWAITS is getting an opportunity here, having run pretty respectably on her first start of the season at Punchestown. She got a bit tired but should have improved for that run behind Stockdale and I would say she would be hard to beat here over 2m3f. Brian Hayes rides and you would be hopeful she could collect.
This is a much sterner test for BAPAUME than his win at Cork last time out, and to be fair it’s the other old horse – Petit Mouchoir – who will give him most to do. The latter ran a cracker in the County and Jordan Gainford takes 7lbs off him. It looks like Denise Foster has found a good opportunity for him.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
This is a poor-enough Grade 3. Spyglass Hill has been disappointing, whichever way you look at it. He’s been well-fancied in the Galway Plate, the Kerry National and the Thyestes but hasn’t collected. You would wonder if Jimmy Mangan’s horse CASTLEBROOK could come back to his best? He’s only had the one run in February, and prior to that he chased home Faugheen and Samcro in Limerick. Before that, he was behind Getabird and Paloma Blue, so maybe he could be the one here with Derek O’Connor on his back.
Ruby’s tips at Cork on Sunday
- New to Paddy? Click here for our £/€20 risk-free sign up offer
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey’s four to follow at Fairyhouse Easter Festival
- Grand National Festival: Dates and race times for 2021 Aintree meeting
- Party Time at Punchestown as Paddy pens three-year Champion Hurdle sponsorship deal