* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
This is a competitive race and Eden Flight has had plenty of chances to impress, but has been disappointing whichever way you look at him. Jack Kennedy rides BANKS BOY for Denise Foster and he is probably the way to go. Meanwhile, Caesar Rock for Mouse Morris must have a chance too.
Jessica Harrington’s jumpers seem to be back in a bit of form too, so Edison Kent with Robbie Power is also in the mix.
I don’t know if Mount Ida is really a 153 mare. Her Kim Muir win puts her only 2lbs behind ELIMAY, who ran Colreevy – a Grade 1 winner – so close. Either Elimay is chucked in off 155, which I don’t believe she is, or Mount Ida is plenty high enough.
Mount Ida is also coming back down in trip, so you would have to fancy the faster mare in Elimay. Their two runs at Cheltenham were chalk and cheese – one won the worst handicap at the meeting and the other was second in a decent Mares’ Chase. I could be wrong, but 153 is too high for Mount Ida and Elimay will be hard to beat.
I’ve been disappointed with FIGHTER ALLEN, but he’s a better horse than a rating of 134 and he’s the best of Willie Mullins’ here. I would be hopeful for him, but Sneaky Getaway could be well in off 132. Capodanno will definitely like the trip while Lady Breffni was fourth in that Mares’ Hurdle at the Dublin Racing Festival, and that race has just thrown out winner-after-winner.
That said, she had a poor run at Limerick behind Darrens Hope, so maybe better ground will bring out a bit of improvement in her. Folcano fell on his last start at Cheltenham behind Galopin Des Champs, but this is a very competitive race – as you would expect. I wouldn’t discount the top weight On Eagles Wings either, with Harry Swan claiming 7lbs off him.
Foveros has been lightly raced and hasn’t run in a while. He’s been a little injury-prone, but Conor McNamara claims 3lbs off and brings him down to 11st 2lbs and I would still say that’s plenty of weight for him. URADEL was off for a long time and ran respectably enough at the Dublin Racing Festival, but Paul Townend must have been listening to Frank Hickey because he’s gone for Ruaille Buaille. She also ran well at the Dublin Racing Festival, but I hope 2m isn’t too sharp for her.
I’m not overly sweet on Hybery, but drying ground will suit him. As long as there is no rain between now and Sunday, he’s a good shout. Robinnia gets in at bottom weight, and she would have needed the run at the Dublin Racing Festival. She’s crept in at the very bottom of this race with Bryan Hayes on her back, and you would have to say she’s an each-way shout, but it’s hard to say which one of Willie’s you would really stick your neck out for. I’m not sure any of these have anything in hand, so I’ll go for the 10-year-old Uradel.
Eclair De Beaufeu ran a blinder for Denise Foster in the County Hurdle and that’s why he’s near the top of the weights. He’s a solid horse, meanwhile Magic Tricks is an interesting one and could be well handicapped.
BROOKLYNN GLORY is the only runner from Willie Mullins in this mares’ bumper, and she will love the dry ground. She’s by Fame And Glory and is in good form. It’s a competitive race, with seven winners in it, but we’re happy with Brooklynn Glory.
With no Sir Gerhard and no Kilcruit, this has to be a good opportunity for LETSBECLEARABOUTIT and Gavin Cromwell. It’s interesting that they’re claiming 7lbs off him with Patrick Mullins, who won both bumpers on him and his form is rock solid.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s best bets for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s super 7 picks for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s 7 sweet plays for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 6 best Saturday bets on the Flat
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey’s five to keep the dream alive on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Here’s 4 who could score at Cork on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 4 value plays across the tracks on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Here’s 4 Fairyhouse fancies for Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Looking across the cards for Saturday winners in Ireland