* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
There should be more to come from SERGEANT MAJOR now stepping up in distance again, so he can make light of a 6lb rise and fend off the Mark Johnston trio. the best of whom looks to be Silver Shade.
The betting should be revealing concerning Mujid, who left the impression he was on the way back over an inadequate 6 furlongs when last seen in December. Pholas, Great Colaci, Win Win Power and Espresso Freddo all enter calculations, but BOMA GREEN is given another chance. Plenty went wrong for him here when last seen, but he was well backed and would surely have gone close granted any sort of a run.
Brazen Bow sets the standard, but it’s far from a daunting one and this can fall to a newcomer. River Tweed is a possible, but MOSTAHDAF has ticks in all the right boxes on paper and can make a winning debut.
On the back of a solid AW/seasonal debut, DUESENBERG gets the vote. Atheeb, who looks interesting for a few reasons, is second choice. Streak Lightning holds every chance if able to back up his latest performance.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
Portugueseprincess comes out best on adjusted BHA ratings, but she needs to bounce back from a poor run at Southwell, whereas SEAS OF ELZAAM and Healing Power head here on the back of solid handicap displays. Marginal preference is for the former, representing a stable with a healthy strike-rate in this grade.
Save The Spirit and Al Suil Eile come right into the reckoning under these conditions, while Athollblair Boy ought to be capitalising on his reduced mark at some point soon. He couldn’t cope with DEVIL’S ANGEL (NAP) here 11 days ago though and Jedd O’Keeffe’s five-year-old is selected to follow up.
Marta Boy wasn’t winning out of turn here 11 days ago and a 2lbs rise is unlikely to prevent him from going well. Outcast and West Way Never still have potential, but perhaps TANTASTIC is worth chancing on his reappearance. He ran well over course and distance on his debut last summer and while he’s not kicked on as yet, this is weaker and he’s still got time to fulfil that initial promise.
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 3 best bets at Newcastle on Tuesday
- Horse Racing tips: Through the card on Day One of the Cheltenham Festival
READ MORE ON CHELTENHAM 2021
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh’s Cheat Sheet for all 4 days of the Festival
- Ruby Walsh’s NAP for each day of the 2021 Cheltenham Festival
- Cheltenham tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s best bets for day one of the Festival
- Cheltenham tips: Our pundits’ cheat sheet for all Tuesday’s races
- Cheltenham tips: Frank Hickey’s NAP for each day of 2021 Festival
- Cheltenham tips: Our Championship races cheat sheet for the Festival
- Cheltenham tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s sizzling Lucky 15 for the Festival
- Cheltenham Festival: Timeform’s 6 highest-rated runners at Prestbury Park
- Cheltenham tips: 4 Festival favourites who should deliver
- Cheltenham tips: Timeform’s 3 handicap plays to make it pay at the Festival