Willie Mullins has made the David Nicholson Mares’ Hurdle his own since its inception in 2008 with a remarkable nine career victories in total. CONCERTISTA can follow in the footsteps of Quevega, Glens Melody, Vroum Vroum Mag and Benie Des Dieux with success for the Closutton team this year. The daughter of Nathaniel secured the Mares’ Novices’ hurdle last year and is unbeaten this season with two wins from two starts.
She began her campaign with the smoothest of victories over Minella Melody at Fairyhouse in November, with Paul Townend sitting motionless throughout in what can only be described as a sit and sheer job.
The seven-year-old returned at Leopardstown over Christmas and once again ran away from Minella Melody after the last hurdle to score in fine fashion. She’s a short price, but looks the banker of the opening day and will provide Willie Mullins with a tenth victory in this race.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
- Paddy Power Millionaire Chase: “It’s still sinking in” says £1m winner
Despite their recent defeat in the Manchester derby, City will progress into the last eight of the Champions League on Tuesday night by securing victory against Monchengladbach and scoring plenty of goals in the process.
A goal in each half from Bernardo Silva and Gabriel Jesus saw Pep Guardiola’s side run out 2-0 winners in the away leg three weeks ago. The visitors are pushing for a European spot in the Bundesliga this season and will be eager to attack and keen to score at the Etihad.
City quickly put the defeat to United behind them by knocking five past Southampton on Wednesday, but they’ve surprisingly conceded in their last four matches, so there’s some hope for the Germans.
This match could be very similar to the 2015 and 2016 ties between these sides here in Manchester, were City scored four on both occasions. The floodgates could open very quickly if Pep Guardiola’s men score early and if that happens, I can only see City cruising to an easy victory with at least over 2.5 goals scored in the match.
READ MORE ON CHELTENHAM 2021
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh’s Cheat Sheet for all 4 days of the Festival
- Ruby Walsh’s NAP for each day of the 2021 Cheltenham Festival
- Cheltenham tips: Frank Hickey’s NAP for each day of 2021 Festival
- Cheltenham tips: Our Championship races cheat sheet for the Festival
- Cheltenham tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s sizzling Lucky 15 for the Festival
- Cheltenham Festival: Timeform’s 6 highest-rated runners at Prestbury Park
- Cheltenham tips: 4 Festival favourites who should deliver
- Cheltenham tips: Timeform’s 3 handicap plays to make it pay at the Festival