* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Top of the list is the resurgent MONSARAZ, who finished well to beat a clear second at Wolverhampton last time and may well be able to strike again back on Polytrack to make it 3-4 for David Loughnane.
Last-time-out course and distance winner Abel Tasman is feared most on his return from a break, though Foresee made a bold bid at this track two weeks ago and is a big player if he can repeat that form. Another to consider is Stopnsearch, who has been placed here in his last two runs and has shaped as though this new trip should be within range.
The thriving CARIBENO is still well ahead of the assessor and again looks hard to oppose, for all that he’s taking on three in-form rivals. Byford, who is improving, may be the biggest danger.
An interesting race in which the vote goes to WAKE UP HARRY, who built on his highly promising debut when making all over course and distance in January and sets a good standard under a penalty for that comfortable success.
The other last-time-out winners Rogue Force and Rafiki are feared most in that order. Although there is another interesting contender in the line-up in Rain Gauge, who has shown clear promise with his two placed efforts at Wolverhampton and could appreciate this drop in trip.
Sky Commander is the fly in the ointment, with his only previous run on the all-weather resulting in a facile success. He’s still got potential but there are some in-form handicappers in opposition and perhaps LETHAL LUNCH can come out on top.
Although only fifth here last time, he suffered a torrid passage in the straight and he should find this being run to suit. Going Places should give it a good go from the front, but the biggest threat could come from the former Hunt Cup winner Zhui Feng.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 6 best bets at Dundalk & Wolverhampton
He Can Dance went close behind a subsequent winner over course and distance on his handicap debut and he’s strongly respected with Oisin Murphy booked, but preference is for another improver in HIGHLY DANCER.
She put in a dominant display at Wolverhampton and a 5lbs rise for that breakthrough win looks fair. Others who could have a big part to play are Say It As It Is, who finished well for second behind the selection last month, and River Wharfe, who looks interesting on his step back up in trip.
Chelsea Banham’s AXEL JACKLIN (NAP) bounced back to form with an emphatic course and distance win from the front six weeks ago and, although he’s drawn wider today, he’ll be hard to catch if in similar mood again.
Clegane made an encouraging stable debut at Chelmsford in January and, given that was her first start since last summer, there is hope she’ll come on for the run. Aces N Kings has posted two good efforts for his new stable this year and can also feature.
Swiss Pride and Sir Hector come here in good form and have conditions to suit so they need serious consideration despite the handicapper having a good guide to their merit. Martineo might find this 6 furlongs sharp enough and perhaps APOLLINARIS could be the answer. The drop to 5 furlongs counted against him here last week and this extra yardage should be in his favour.
FRIDAY TIPS SUMMARY
- Horse Racing tips: Through the card at Sandown on Friday with Timeform
- Horse Racing tips: The 4 best bets for Friday night at Dundalk
- Horse Racing tips: The 3 best wagers for Wolverhampton on Friday
- Horse Racing tips: 4 for a flutter at Gowran on Friday
READ MORE ON CHELTENHAM 2021
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey’s Pertemps Network Final antepost picks
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey’s Grand Annual antepost best bets
- Cheltenham tips: Matt Chapman’s big 4 to score in the Championship races
- Cheltenham tips: St James’ Place Hunters’ Chase antepost bets from Frank Hickey
- Cheltenham tips: St James’ Place Hunters’ Chase antepost bets from Ruby Walsh
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey’s Coral Cup antepost best bets
- Cheltenham tips: Envoi Allen a slick pick at current price for Marsh Novices’ Chase