* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
2m novice handicap hurdle with very little recent winning form on offer. Liz Doyle’s Silk Worm will be fancied to go quite well since finishing second on its last two runs so will be hoping to go one better. My fancy however, is the Philip Rothwell runner Mc Alpine, who was a good third the last day at Naas not beaten all that far when unfortunately jockey James Sullivan dropped the reins which possibly cost the winning of the race but I think if running back to that standard, should have a chance.
Also the Rothwell stable is flying with two winners from his last five horses he sent to post with a good gamble landed along the way on Monday and I expect this gelding to be bang there at the finish.
The best race of the card is this two mile handicap hurdle where Hybery for Willie Mullins and Paul Townend who is the previous course and distance winner in the line up, will be hoping to win again while Liz Doyle’s runner Feelgood Island has a win and a third from its last two runs but I think Gold Des Bois should have a chance. He was fifth when last seen over the Christmas when staying on quite well.
It was towards the back of the pack on that occasion, so I expect this gelding to be ridden towards the front of the race. The trip will suit and it’s the jockey Robbie Powers’ only ride and I expect this horse to have a big chance
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
A 3m 1f beginners chase with a small field of runners taking part and Opposites Attract really sets the standard. This Dermot McLoughlin gelding was beaten favourite when last seen at Punchestown when not jumping and making a couple of bad mistakes which cost him the race but prior to that, was ultra-consistent with three placed efforts behind some useful sorts, most notably Latest Exhibition, just beaten over two lengths on that occasion.
I expect a much improved effort from this seven year old, who is also wearing first time cheekpieces which should also help and should be the one they all have to beat.
- Cheltenham tips: 6 picks to get your kicks in the Festival handicaps
- Cheltenham tips: Frank Hickey’s each-way Lucky 15 for the championship races
- Cheltenham Festival: 10 Paul Nicholls Grade 1 runners for 2021
- Ruby Walsh: Patrick Mullins faces big Cheltenham Festival decision
- Cheltenham Festival: Gold Cup or National Hunt Chase for Royale Pagaille?
- Cheltenham tips: Champion Bumper antepost pick revealed by Ruby Walsh
- Cheltenham tips: National Hunt Chase antepost best bets from Ruby Walsh