* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
ELLADORA was a cheap purchase given her pedigree – bought for just 6,000 guineas as a yearling despite being a half-sister to several winners, including Flashy Queen and Faraway. She was not without promise last year, hitting the frame on her second outing.
She looked in need of the run after a four-month absence when fifth at Newcastle in January. She duly showed much improved form at the same venue last time, finishing a close third on her handicap debut.
She was far from ideally placed on that occasion as well, challenging from the rear and further away from the near rail than the pair that finished ahead of her. There is every chance that there is more to come from her, and she looks the one to side with.
A five-time winner over this course and distance – including when landing back-to-back victories under these conditions in the autumn – TURANGA LEELA resumed winning ways at Kempton in January, making full use of her plum draw under a positive ride.
She confirmed that return to form when third last month, and then ran at least as well to go one place better on her final outing, both those runs coming at Kempton. She is arguably in the form of her life at the minute and this consistent, tough type has to be taken seriously now returned to Wolverhampton.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
A dual winner for Stephane Wattel in France, AZTEC DREAMS made his debut for Richard Rowe’s yard on the back of a breathing operation and a 15-month absence at Lingfield in January. He ran respectably on his British debut, not unduly punished as he kept on for fifth.
He then shaped better than the distance beaten suggests when filing the same position at the same venue last time, possibly still in need of the run, though his rider reported that he lost his action late on. He was capable of fairly useful form at this best in France and is fairly treated if able to build on his two UK runs to date.
- Horse Racing tips: Our 3 classy selections at Leopardstown on Monday
- Horse Racing tips: Our top trio of picks at Wetherby on Monday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 best bets at Wetherby on Monday
- Cheltenham tips: 6 picks to get your kicks in the Festival handicaps
- Cheltenham tips: Frank Hickey’s each-way Lucky 15 for the championship races
- Cheltenham Festival: 10 Paul Nicholls Grade 1 runners for 2021
- Ruby Walsh: Patrick Mullins faces big Cheltenham Festival decision
- Cheltenham Festival: Gold Cup or National Hunt Chase for Royale Pagaille?
- Cheltenham tips: Champion Bumper antepost pick revealed by Ruby Walsh
- Cheltenham tips: National Hunt Chase antepost best bets from Ruby Walsh