* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
It has been 13 runs since DRAKEFELL’s last win in 2019, and in truth he had shown little signs of a revival in his first four outings this year, beating home just four rivals. But, he ran his best race for a while when a very good second in a seller over this course and distance late last month.
Drakefell led from the off and travelled with plenty of zest, showing the sort of speed that would make him interesting back in handicaps. He was just headed inside the final 100 yards by one who bounced back to form to take advantage of a drop in grade though. Drakefell returns to handicap company on a career-low mark, and judged on his latest effort, he may well be ready to capitalise on the handicapper’s mercy.
WHATANIGHT has proved himself something out of the ordinary at this level of late, resuming winning ways in a poor race at this venue last month before following up at Kempton just three days on – well on top once he asserted.
He then completed the hat-trick with his best effort yet over this course and distance recently, overcoming a slow start. He is clearly a lot more progressive than most he’ll meet in this type of event, and given he is still improving, he holds solid claims of landing the four-timer.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
A winner over this course and distance in November 2019, AL BATAL has shaped well in the main since joining Chelsea Banham’s yard. She did well to finish runner-up on her first outing for 13 months at this venue in December and bouncing back to form with another second over this track and trip last month.
She travelled with enthusiasm on the latter occasion, and was arguably a little unlucky not to have finished closer than she did. She was bumped twice as well as being carried right. She is building up a solid record at this course and looks sure to run into a place, if not better.
- Horse Racing tips: A fab 4 to keep onside for Tuesday at Clonmel
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 best bets at Newcastle on Tuesday
- Cheltenham tips: 6 picks to get your kicks in the Festival handicaps
- Cheltenham tips: Frank Hickey’s each-way Lucky 15 for the championship races
- Cheltenham Festival: 10 Paul Nicholls Grade 1 runners for 2021
- Ruby Walsh: Patrick Mullins faces big Cheltenham Festival decision
- Cheltenham Festival: Gold Cup or National Hunt Chase for Royale Pagaille?
- Cheltenham tips: Champion Bumper antepost pick revealed by Ruby Walsh
- Cheltenham tips: National Hunt Chase antepost best bets from Ruby Walsh