* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
We have four races for you coming from Newbury on Sunday as a bonus on ITV4 after this meeting was rescheduled from last weekend. Es Perfecto ran well behind Bravemansgame in a novice hurdle at the track back in November. He is a progressive type, who could still be well handicapped off his mark of 133.
Everglow was disappointing in the Lanzarote Hurdle at Kempton Park, but is a progressive young type and is very well handicapped of his mark of 126. It’s a hot little race, but it’s a toss-up between Everglow and SIZEABLE SAM. I am going for Sizeable Sam though, as there could be more to come from him now he’s upped in trip.
CLAN DES OBEAUX was a little disappointing in the King George Chase, but nowhere near as disappointing as Lostintranslation was. Lostintranslation has had a wind operation which should help his cause, but there is still doubts about the form of the Colin Tizzard stable and that’s a worry.
Kalashnikov likes the track and ran well in The Peterborough Chase behind Mister Fisher at Cheltenham, he is certainly interesting around here. If Clan Des Obeaux runs anywhere near his capabilities, he will win this comfortably.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 7 selections for ITV Racing on Sunday
Champ is a fascinating runner in here and any rain will help his cause. The only concern with him is the drop in trip from three miles to two miles. Plenty of people have said his jumping will not be suited by the drop in trip back to two miles as he will have to jump and travel a lot quicker. However, his schooling has gone really well since his wind operation.
It’s a bold move, but it’s not the worst move as this is a stepping stone towards his next target, which will be at the Cheltenham Festival in the Gold Cup. The worry is that he will be keen on his debut run this season and he will run free over this two mile trip.
Greaneteen will be popular on the back of his second-place finish in the Tingle Creek Chase at Sandown. He had already won the Haldon Gold Cup at Exeter before that too, but the one that I like is SCEAU ROYAL.
The ground is drying out, which will help him and Daryl Jacob may just be able to pick them off. He is a classy horse who jumps really well. In saying that, he did end up on the floor last time out, but I thought that was a temporary blip. I can see him being produced late to nick it on the run-in after the last fence.
The Betfair Hurdle is ultra-competitive as you would expect for the prizemoney on offer and there are lots of novices at the head of the market. Cadzand has had his form boosted by the horses that finished behind him at Kempton, coming out and winning.
Buzz is ticking all the right boxes too and top claimer Kevin Brogan is taking some weight off. Milkwood is another that will run well at a price. The pin has landed on the Jonjo O’Neill-trained SOARING GLORY though. He has some good form to his name and had he not fallen over at Wetherby in November, he may well be rated higher than he is. He will do for me.
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s top picks at Navan on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s best bets for Sunday’s ITV Racing
- Horse Racing tips: Our 4 fancies to follow at Navan on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Brendan Duke’s 4 best bets at Navan & Newbury on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 to score at Newbury on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 3 very best bets at Market Rasen on Sunday
- Cheltenham Festival: Frank Hickey’s tips for betting on championship races
- Marsh Novices’ Chase latest odds and tips for Cheltenham 2021
- Cheltenham tips: The Gold Cup horse that’s gone from 50/1 to 8/1 NRMB
- Festival Novices’ Chase latest odds and tips for Cheltenham 2021
- Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle latest odds and tips ahead of Cheltenham 2021
- Cheltenham tips: A 10/1 each-way punt for the Champion Hurdle