* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Mick Maestro has been much improved since joining Nick Kent’s yard, getting off the mark on for his new stable at the second attempt at Doncaster in November, proving better than ever to gain his first handicap success.
He would have gone close to following that up had he not departed three out at the same venue in December, but he made amends in no uncertain terms at Catterick last time, again showing improved form to run out a fifteen-length winner. He recorded a good timefigure to add to the visual impression he created that day, giving plenty of credence to the form, and a 12 lb rise for such a performance seems perfectly fair.
Homme Public showed fairly useful form when finishing runner-up on his two outings in France, his best effort coming at Auteuil on October, coming up a neck short, and ran to a similar level on his first start for Oliver Greenall’s yard at Catterick earlier this month.
Homme Public chased the leaders in the early stages and, after being shaken up before two out, stumbled on landing at that flight. He kept on for second, pulling clear of the remainder, and he is difficult to oppose on that evidence. He sets a high bar in this contest – 17 lb clear of his nearest pursuer on Timeform’s weight-adjusted ratings – and it will be something of a disappointment to connections were he not to open his account.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
Fivetotwelve didn’t show an awful lot on either her sole start in bumpers or her hurdling debut, but, quickly turned out after her first spin over the smaller obstacles, she caught the eye when finishing third at Chepstow in Occtober, just bumping into a couple of useful novices in Soaring Glory and Bravemansgame.
She continued her theme of race-by-race progression as she went one place better over this course and distance last time, closing on the leader when untidy at the last and having to settle for second, despite staying on. She is likely to progress further now pitched into handicaps and makes plenty of appeal after a break.
Timeform’s 3 best bets at Market Rasen
- Cheltenham tips: Honeysuckle leads Irish charge in Champion Hurdle
- Cheltenham tips: Gold Cup antepost best bets from Ruby Walsh
- Cheltenham tips: Champion Hurdle antepost picks revealed by Frank Hickey
- Cheltenham Festival: Ruby Walsh reveals what makes a top-class Champion Hurdle horse
- Gold Cup latest odds and tips for Cheltenham Festival 2021’s big race
- Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle latest odds and tips for Cheltenham 2021
- Ryanair Chase latest odds and tips for 2021 race at the Cheltenham Festival