* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change. All Cheltenham races are non-runner money back with Paddy Power
This 1m 4f handicap wouldn’t be the strongest but Artic Blaze has been placed on its last two starts and is wearing first-time cheekpieces while last time out winner Lady of Luxury could make a bold bid to follow up. However, Doyouthinkso could be the one to beat.
He managed to win over course and distance impressively last time out when held up at the rear and coming with a late burst to get up close home. Chris Hayes is on board again and will be hoping to repeat the trick.
The only previous course and distance winner in the line-up is Macaban City, who won in November and has been placed on three of his last four races since. Jockey Mark Gallagher has a good record aboard him with one win and three-placed efforts in five tries. He can be a little lethargic in the early stages, so if not leaving himself to much to do, should run another solid race.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
Tony Martin’s Drakensberg managed to get his head in front last Friday night over 1m 4f and drops back slightly in trip now under a penalty. Martin’s string is going quite well with the trainer posting a 33 per cent strike rate in the last two weeks and so is Friday’s winner jockey Siobhan Ruthledge. They can team up again to get back into the winners’ enclosure.
Irish champion jockey Colin Keane rides Gougane Barra for the first time could improve on its run last time out.
Five runners here have managed to win over course and distance but it could be the maiden The Alpha Man who has the best chance. This five-year-old has only run five times with his best effort coming a year ago on debut when finishing second. He hasn’t seen the track in 186 days but has switched stable to Seamus O Donnell. Jockey Ben Coen takes the ride and The Alpha Man while not an obvious pick on form could be one to keep an eye on to cause a surprise.
Cheltenham Festival 2021
- Jump over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for the Triumph Hurdle
- Frank Hickey reveals antepost picks for the Stayers’ Hurdle
- Cheltenham Festival: 4 value plays in the Championship races
- Cheltenham Festival: 7 high-profile picks to get your kicks
- Here’s 5 Irish trainers to take Prestbury Park by storm
- Cheltenham Festival: Dates, race times & antepost tips from our experts