* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change. All Cheltenham races are non-runner money back with Paddy Power
You had to admire the way he hit the line so strongly and really got motoring from the furlong marker through the winning line when winning over course and distance 11 days ago. He he is a little higher in the handicap but he is a big brute of a horse and looks well capable of carrying it.
He looks well capable of paying his way under both codes, but the Flat will do for now.
18:15 Chelmsford – Ladywood (abandoned)
A typical Mark Johnston improver with a really likeable attitude and will to win.
Although it wasn’t a wide-margin success last time at Wolverhampton, jockey Joe Fanning had the race in safe-keeping from someway out. She’s only been handed the 12lb rise for two victories and it would appear she’s not at her ceiling rating just yet.
Possibly a touch unlucky not to be going into this contest looking for the three-timer as he was hampered in the first 100 yards last time and did well to get so close when runner-up last time.
That was over a furlong shorter that this 7f trip, which should be well within his reach. He’s possibly going to be a couple of points bigger than he should with Paddy as he is drawn out in the car park in stall 16. However, he can get across and slot into a nice position from there.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
An apprentice contest but this runner ran a cracker for our pilot last time after being slightly slowly away maybe because she was wearing a hood for the first time. It’s retained again for Friday night and the fact she will be ridden fairly handy now dropping back down to 7f makes her attractive to get that first victory on the board.
19:15 Chelmsford – Melgate Majeure (abandoned)
After providing this trainer with his first winner on the flat up at Newcastle he went for a quick reappearance at Lingfield and was punted off the boards for a follow-up, after being very keen in the early stages he was denied a clear passage into the short straight and could never get on terms with the leaders, James Sullivan who was on board at Newcastle jumps back into the saddle
20:15 Chelmsford – Dors Toyboy (abandoned)
He arguably put up one of his best performances two starts back around this venue and now finds himself in this classified contest sitting right on the top bracket rating is wise, I think we can safely put a line through his effort last time as he didn’t seem to handle the fibresand at Southwell, he is well drawn and the trip looks ideal
Cheltenham Festival 2021
- Jump over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for the Ryanair Chase
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for the Champion Chase
- Cheltenham Festival: 6 favourites worth following at the 2021 fiesta
- Cheltenham Festival: 7 high-profile picks to get your kicks
- Here’s 8 Cheltenham course specialists to keep onside for March
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Arkle Chase