* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Sent off at big odds ahead of her debut at Wolverhampton in December, OUT OF THE EAST produced a promising first effort to finish third in what has since proved a warm novice. She was short of room on the home turn, but made good late headway under a hands-and-heels ride.
Improvement was expected and she duly obliged at the same venue last month, doing especially well to finish as close as she did given she hung right all the time under pressure. She was a little below that form when fourth at Newcastle last time, but she wasn’t seen to best effect on that occasion. Out Of The East was denied a clear run two furlongs out and not knocked about once beaten.
The winner and the second from that race have both gone in subsequently, and there should be plenty more to come from Out Of The East now stepped into handicap company.
LADYWOOD showed much improved form to get off the mark over this course and distance in December. She relishing the step up in trip as she stayed on to lead in the final half furlong, and she followed up in good style at Wolverhampton last month.
Her rider looked fairly confident of picking up the leaders in the straight. She had more in hand than the bare margin suggests on that occasion and remains of serious interest having been upped 5lbs.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s best bets for the Friday night lights
ENGRAVE was a two-time winner over this course and distance last year, opening her account over this track and trip on her handicap debut in September. That was before going in again two starts later, showing a good attitude on the latter occasion in particular.
She has taken in a couple of handicaps at Southwell so far this year, finishing third and fourth, and though she seemed to have no trouble taking to the fibresand surface, she did struggle to stay the longer trip – particularly over 12 furlongs last time.
With that in mind then, this step back to 10-furlongs should prove ideal, and the anticipated steady pace should also mean she will be better placed than most when push comes to shove.
- Horse Racing tips: Our 5 fancies at Dundalk on Friday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 best bets at Southwell on Friday
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh’s Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle antepost picks
- Cheltenham Festival: Ruby Walsh tips dour stayer Kemboy for Gold Cup run
- Champion Hurdle latest odds and tips for Cheltenham Festival 2021
- Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle latest odds and tips for Cheltenham 2021
- Ryanair Chase latest odds and tips for 2021 race at the Cheltenham Festival
- Queen Mother Champion Chase latest odds and tips ahead of Cheltenham 2021
- Gold Cup latest odds and tips for Cheltenham Festival 2021’s big race