Another Carnival handicap that Godolphin own half the field in. Star Safari will likely go off favourite after a “so so” performance two weeks ago, that became the race of the day when letting a well-known Twitter personality down for a nice touch. I very much like Brilliant Light for this contest, he ran a good race two weeks ago and Wednesday’s trip of 12f will suit more than the 10f.
Gets a jokey upgrade of Pat Cosgrove too.
Secret Protector is the choice of William Buick and on evidence of what he did at Kempton in September – I fancy him to win by over three lengths.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
This is the race of the day and it revolves around Dubai Warrior and Frankie Dettori. The stride data suggests that Dubai Warrior has every chance of taking to the dirt, but on breeding (by Dansili out of a Galileo mare) it doesn’t look likely. I make him about a 6/4 chance to act on the surface alone.
The selection has to be Thegreatcollection who has benefited from the Meydan track running much fairer to the horses who are not leading and can get the win.
Lord Glitters put up one of the top performances of 2021 when he destroyed a similar field in the Singspiel Stakes over course and distance last time. I can’t see past him winning here again.
Cheltenham Festival 2021
- Jump over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for the Ryanair Chase
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for the Champion Chase
- Cheltenham Festival: 6 favourites worth following at the 2021 fiesta
- Cheltenham Festival: 7 high-profile picks to get your kicks
- Here’s 8 Cheltenham course specialists to keep onside for March
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Arkle Chase