* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
HONEYSUCKLE will look to stretch her unbeaten run to 10 when she bids to win back-to-back Irish Champion Hurdles on Saturday, in what promises to be a fantastic weekend of racing. Just the six runners for this race, but it’s full of quality with Christmas Grade 1 winner and Champion Hurdle runner-up Sharjah the main market rival.
We have been blessed with incredible mares in recent years and Honeysuckle is up there with the very best. She obviously gets the mares weight allowance and I take Rachel Blackmore to steer her to victory on Saturday.
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
The Red Devils will be keen to stay in the title limelight ahead of Man City’s visit to Anfield on Sunday. United will be in a confident mood after knocking an incredible nine (yes, NINE) goals past Southampton on Tuesday evening.
Saturday 20:00 – Manchester United v Everton
Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Premier League
They put out a very attacking line-up on Tuesday and I expect another team littered with striking options on Saturday evening against The Toffees. I reckon there’ll be plenty of goals, but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s should win this game by at least two goals.
Ireland go into their opening Six Nations encounter with Wales on a totally different trajectory than their hosts. Wales have only won two of their last seven test matches, with those uninspiring victories coming against the Barbarians and Italy.
When faced with sterner tests, Wayne Pivac’s outfit have found themselves outclassed. There have even been calls for Wayne Pivac to be removed as coach after a brutal Six Nations campaign in which they lost four matches on-the-trot.
Sunday Sunday 15:00 – Wales v Ireland
BBC One / S4C / Virgin Media One
Ireland have a good recent record against Wales, and are certainly a bet on the (-2.5) handicap this weekend. They were value for more than the 10-point margin in the Autumn Nations Cup, and come into this clash in relatively good spirits. The pressure isn’t on them to perform this season and that is often where Ireland exceed expectations.
We should see a changing of the guard in the Super Bowl, where Tom Brady is playing in an unbelievable 10th Super Bowl. That is a record that is unlikely to be ever broken. But, Brady is 43 now and he didn’t have his best performance in the NFC Championship game throwing three interceptions during it.
Facing Brady is Patrick Mahomes, who is looking to become the first quarterback since Tom Brady in 2005 to win back-to-back Super Bowls. Mahomes was immaculate in the AFC Championship game against the Buffalo Bills.
Sunday, 23:30 – Kansas City Chiefs v Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The Kansas City Chiefs quarterback has a huge arsenal of weapons at his disposal, like Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce, who both had huge games last time out. This game will be a bridge too far for Brady, and I like the Chiefs to cover a (-3) point line here.
Saturday 15:15 Leopardstown: Honeysuckle
Saturday 20:00 Manchester United v Everton: Man Utd (-1)
Sunday 15:00 Wales v Ireland: Ireland (-2.5)
Sunday 23:30 Kansas City Chiefs v Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Chiefs (-3)
More tips for Saturday
- Lacazette can land Saturday’s 5/1 Aston Villa v Arsenal bet builder
- 3 best bets for Coventry v Watford plus our 3pm EFL acca
- Phil Thompson’s best bets for Saturday – plus a 5/1 double
- Our 11/1 double for Saturday’s 3pm Premier League games
- Our 31/1 bet builder for Fulham v West Ham on Saturday
- Man Utd to crash back to earth against Everton in this 46/1 Bet Builder
- Our fab 60/1 accumulator for Saturday’s European ties
- West Brom can pile misery on Tottenham in our 3 best bets
- Barnes to bag a brace in our 3 best bets for Wolves v Leicester
- Thommo & our trader’s best bets for Liverpool v Man City
- Man City to pile pain on Liverpool in this 17/1 Bet Builder
- Our 3 best bets with Chelsea revival set to continue at Sheffield United
- Expect goals galore as Marseille host PSG in Sunday night thriller
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey reveal their Ryanair Chase antepost bets
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey’s antepost picks for Queen Mother Champion Chase
- Cheltenham Festival: Dates, race times and antepost tips from our experts
- Cheltenham Festival: 8 course specialists to keep onside for March
- Cheltenham tips: 6 favourites worth following at the 2021 festival
- Cheltenham Festival: 7 high-profile picks to get your kicks in March