* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
The return to this trip ought to suit Greek Kodiac on this second start on Fibresand, while Cheat has to be respected being 3lb well in under a penalty for his C&D success nine days ago. However, despite never having run here before WIN WIN POWER is taken to complete the hat-trick. The unexposed 4yo still seems to be improving and his sire gets plenty of winners on this surface.
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
There are a couple of possible improvers in here such as Galeophobia and Extracuricular, while Harworth is well worth monitoring in the market on his debut for David Brown, but a chance is taken with DESERT BOOTS who drops back in grade after his recent good effort at Lingfield. He has run creditably here before and has the pace to make full use of his good draw.
This revolves around Na Blianta Beo who would be a certainty with an RPR of 93 for finishing fourth in a Naas Listed contest last summer, but she became very frustrating for Jim Bolger and much depends on whether her new trainer can find the key to her after 147 days off. It may therefore be worth taking her on with JACATTACK who has at least shown that he can act here and may benefit from having been gelded since last seen.
A few of these have slipped to good marks but Drew Breeze and LION’S VIGIL (nap) come here in top form and the latter is taken to defy a penalty for last week’s C&D success.
- DON’T MISS OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN CHECK OUT ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
A small field but still an interesting event with all five runners having been successful at least once this winter. SECRET HANDSHEIKH made all in a good time here last month and may be able to defy his 9lb rise. Elusive Treat looks best of the rest.
Onebaba comes here in good form and last week’s C&D success has already been franked by the runner-up. He’s feared, with Jazz Legend another to consider, but this could be the day that BRINGING GLORY comes good. Both his handicap runs have been promising and his trainer is a dab hand at running suitable types on this surface.
Given that Chetan and Alix James have to prove themselves on Fibresand and Glory Of Paris struggles to get his head in front, the ones to concentrate on may be Red Jasper, Fancy Footings and LORD OBERON. Ready preference is for the latter, who is 2-2 on this surface and competes off a career-low mark.
The Racing Post’s tips at Southwell today
More tips for Thursday
- Thursday’s top picks at Down Royal
- Our 5 to thrive at Meydan on Thursday
- Timeform’s 7 wagers at Wincanton on Thursday
- Our trader’s top picks for Down Royal on Thursday
- Timeform’s 3 best bets at Chelmsford on Thursday
Cheltenham Festival 2021
- Cheltenham Festival: 7 high-profile picks to get your kicks
- Here’s 8 Cheltenham course specialists to keep onside for March
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Arkle Chase
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Marsh Novice Chase
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Festival Novices Chase