Alice O’Byrne and Moonlight Glory go head to head again after finishing first and second at Limerick over the Christmas period but that was Alice O’Byrne’s first handicap start and she now meets Moonlight Glory on 7lbs better terms, so I’d be expecting her to turn the form around with that one and if she does she’ll prove tough to beat in this contest.
This is a rated novice hurdle and the handicapper looks to have underestimated On Eagles Wings. He has some really strong form to his name, most notably when beating Stattler in a bumper in March last year Stattler is now towards the head of the betting for the Albert Bartlett Novices Chase at Cheltenham and was impressive when winning his maiden hurdle for today’s rider Harry Swan at Naas last month. It’s a small but select field but I’d expect On Eagles Wings to have too much for these in this and make it two from two over hurdles.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
I’ll Be That Lady was sent off favourite at Navan last time in a much more competitive handicap chase but failed to live up to market expectations and after a mistake two out, Phillip Enright pulled her up. If she was to bounce back to her previous run at Naas when she was just touched off, she’d have a massive chance in this with Eoin Mahon taking off a valuable 7lbs. The fact she’s only turned six-years-old would suggest there’s plenty more to come.
She’s the one I’m siding with.
Cheltenham Festival 2021
- Cheltenham Festival: 7 high-profile picks to get your kicks
- Here’s 8 Cheltenham course specialists to keep onside for March
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Arkle Chase
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Marsh Novice Chase
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Festival Novices Chase