* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Petalite has an attractive pedigree – she is a half-sister to several winners, notably the smart UAE Jewel – and she has shown plenty of promise on both starts in minor events. She was prominent in the betting for her debut at Wolverhampton last month, but she ran green for much of the race before the penny dropped inside the final furlong, finishing with plenty of authority.
It was therefore surprising that she didn’t improve on her latest start at Kempton, still looking inexperienced while also leaving the impression she is ready for a step up in trip. This doesn’t look the strongest race of its type and Petalite can show her true potential now tackling a mile.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
Nozieres has started at big prices on all four of her starts, but she very much caught the eye making her handicap debut over this course and distance last time, and is one to be interested in from this sort of mark. She produced a career-best effort, and was arguably unlucky not to win given the position she came from, making up plenty of ground inside the final furlong to be beaten just a short head.
The handicapper has raised her 4lb in the weights for that effort, but she is still able to contest a 0-60 handicap, and another bold bid is expected despite a wide draw not being ideal.
A Touch of Luck has shown improved form since stepping up in trip, and ran one of her best races to date despite being too keen in a handicap over two miles at this course in November. She was well backed on that occasion, and was clearly in great heart, pulling herself into the lead around five furlongs out before weakening in the final furlong.
A Touch of Luck exerted too much energy that day and will appreciate the drop back in trip now, and she remains with a bigger performance in the locker when conditions allow.
Cheltenham Festival 2021
- Jump over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Cheltenham Festival: 7 high-profile picks to get your kicks
- Here’s 8 Cheltenham course specialists to keep onside for March
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Arkle Chase
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Marsh Novice Chase
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Festival Novices Chase