* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
There was a lot to like about VELVET VISTA’s recent Chelmsford victory six days ago, and it’s possible Mike Murphy’s 5-year-old can follow up again here under a 5lbs penalty. That effort was a career best and it’s interesting that Murphy has turned the mare out so quickly after she broke her maiden at the 19th time of asking.
At Chelmsford, Velvet Vista cruised into contention on the home bend and settled matters within a few strides. It was a very eye-catching performance and now that she has been put back handicapping makes plenty of appeal. A repeat of that showing should be enough against what looks a weak enough field.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
- Ruby Walsh’s 5 fab bets at Naas on Sunday
MUTARABES stands out as the potential quality horse in Sunday’s Wolverhampton card. Sheikh Hamdan’s Dark Angel colt showed promise in his only run as a 2-year-old when he was seventh in a hot maiden at Newmarket back in June. That race has produced plenty of good horses, none more so than Nando Parrado, who went on to win the Coventry at Royal Ascot after finishing fifth in that Newmarket maiden.
It was noticeable how easy Jim Crowley was on Mutarabes in that race, and with further improvement expected after this long gap between races, this race looks there for the taking considering how close he was to a future Royal Ascot winner. Nando Parrado’s trainer, Clive Cox, also saddles the likeliest danger to the selection here, Sovereign Leader.
Cox has been doing well with his 3-year-old debutants lately and Sovereign Leader is respected. But, we will take Mutarabes to build on the promise he has showed for Charlie Hills and David Probert.
- Naas tips: Frank Hickey and Paddy Power’s 4 Sunday selections
- Horse Racing tips: Brendan Duke’s 4 fancies at Naas on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 8 best bets at Wolverhampton on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Here’s 5 to thrive at Naas on Sunday
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Arkle Challenge Trophy
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Marsh Novices’ Chase
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Festival Novices’ Chase
- Cheltenham tips: Shishkin, Envoi Allen and Monkfish in our enhanced 9/1 treble
- Cheltenham Festival: 8 course specialists to keep onside for March
- Cheltenham Festival: 5 horses to note as the countdown continues
- Cheltenham Festival: 7 high-profile picks to get your kicks in March