* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
This is a classified Stakes over the mile and the jockey booking of Hollie Doyle has really caught the eye here on PEARL SPECTRE. The trainer Phil McEntee usually has his daughter Grace on board his runner sand out of his last 11 entrants, she has ridden eight of them and three other jockey – including Hollie Doyle – have ridden the others.
Doyle rode another of his runners the other day, it went off as a 5/2 favourite when unfortunately beaten. Grace McEntee is in the contest riding Parknacilla, who is a fancied runner in the race. But, Pearl Spectre has been placed on his last two starts at both Chelmsford and Lingfield. The gelding hasn’t ran at Kempton since this time last year when second on that run, but I just believe – with the assistant of Hollie Doyle on his back – that this 10-year-old can get back to winning ways.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s best bets for Saturday’s ITV Racing
The finale is a 1m 4F classified stakes, and I am siding with the old timer in the line-up in ECHO BRAVA. This 11-year-old is double the age of some of his rivals, but his run last time out would suggest this horse still retains plenty of ability.
His previous course and distance win came in April of 2013 and his most recent form since has been quiet poor, but it’s interesting that Echo Brava has moved stable and his recent run when second makes it seem like the move has worked the oracle.
The horse was off the racetrack for over 740 days and, as previous mentioned, moved from Suzi Best to Rebecca Woodman’s stable. He went off a massive 22/1 here a couple of weeks ago when not disgraced and only beaten by 4 lengths. Like my previous selection, Hollie Doyle doing the steering and we should see another solid performance.
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s slick picks for Saturday’s ITV racing
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 3 value plays for Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Paddy Power’s 4 to score at Doncaster on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 3 best bets at Lingfield on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 best bets at Doncaster on Saturday
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Arkle Challenge Trophy
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Marsh Novices’ Chase
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Festival Novices’ Chase
- Cheltenham tips: Shishkin, Envoi Allen and Monkfish in our enhanced 9/1 treble
- Cheltenham Festival: 8 course specialists to keep onside for March
- Cheltenham Festival: 5 horses to note as the countdown continues
- Cheltenham Festival: 7 high-profile picks to get your kicks in March