* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
RB FRYNCHH DUDE was really impressive winner of the Madjani Stakes over this course and distance, in what was possibly the best Arabian performance seen at Meydan in sometime. He skipped the Round 1 race to stay over the preferred trip of 1m 1f and he is one of my stronger bets today.
A really competitive affair for the Al Bastakiya trial, where Final Thought certainly has her supporters. El Patriota from Uruguay is a very interesting entrant if he runs to his allotted mark, but that a lot to ask first time up. I will be looking to take advantage of the extra place on offer here and I’ll side with SHARP SUN, who ran a monster race in the UAE 2000 Guineas trail behind two very nice horses. The extra 1-and-a-half furlongs can bring about more from this Hard Spun colt.
Goldophin are mob handed here running just 8 of the 15 runners in the race. Star Safari is the favourite mostly because he was the choice of William Buick, but I am very keen to take him and the Godophin cavalry on with CAPE CAVALLI.
He ran a good second first time up here two weeks ago and will find improvement for the extra furlong thanks to race fitness. Ideally top Meydan jockey Adrie de Vries won’t wait as long as Buick did last time to push the button.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s best bets at Gowran Park today
SUMMER ROMANCE is a proper good Group 1 standard horse and trainer Charlie Appleby is on track to win his third in a row with the filly. Her main rival is Stunning Beauty, who is a horse that looks like she is going places. She’s undefeated in two starts, but would have to really step up on known form the beat Summer Romance.
SOFT WHISPER is the NAP of the card in the UAE 1000 Guineas, she blew the start in her prep for this and still won running very much against the track bias. If she breaks on level terms, it’s a question of how far. Check on some of the winning distance specials on offer if you’d like a bit more out of the price.
This is a real open race, so naturally Paddy is paying an extra place here and with that I reckon MAILSHOT is the bet here. He’s never strong in the market, but has run so good in Carnival races last season. His wide draw isn’t a worry as he is a horse that comes with a run at the end.
- Horse Racing tips: Brendan Duke’s 4 to score at Gowran Park on Thursday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 3 very best bets at Newcastle on Thursday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 best bets at Southwell on Thursday
- Horse Racing tips: 5 to thrive for Thyestes day at Gowran Park
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Arkle Challenge Trophy
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Marsh Novices’ Chase
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Festival Novices’ Chase
- Cheltenham tips: Shishkin, Envoi Allen and Monkfish in our enhanced 9/1 treble
- Cheltenham Festival: 8 course specialists to keep onside for March
- Cheltenham Festival: 5 horses to note as the countdown continues
- Cheltenham Festival: 7 high-profile picks to get your kicks in March