*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while in-copy odds are accurate at time of publication but subject to change
This is a pretty winnable race given it’s a Grade 2 and has $200k in the kitty. It revolves around Cinnabunny and Thisismytime. You can never say never with Brad Cox, but his Cinnabunny has done all her best work at 6 furlongs and the 7 furlong trip poses a big question tonight.
This is no issue for Thissmytime who has won at 6f, 7f and a mile including three wins and two places at Gulfstream Park. I’d expect her to stalk Cinabunny and take it up in the straight.
Sadler’s Joy backers may face the all too familiar feeling of backing the best horse in the race while throwing their dockets in the bin! He’s an extremely tricky ride and doesn’t win half the races he should. they are likely to go no pace in this 12 furlong turf race and Doswell in stall one, makes plenty of appeal. While the trip is a question mark, he should be allowed set a sedate gallop on the front end and use his speed to try and outsprint the field at the finish.
His second last time out reads well, given the horse that beat him is one of the market leaders for the Pegasus Turf later on the card.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
The third edition of the Pegasus Turf is a pretty poor affair and lacks a standout horse – or anything close to one. I’m staying well clear of the front of the market and will play Cross Border at hopefully a double-figure price in a race we are paying 4 places.
With nine wins and nine places in 30 career starts, he is very consistent. He doesn’t quite get home over 1m 4f and is just too slow for 1m, today’s 1m 3f trip should be perfect. Trainer Mike Maker and jockey Tyler Gaffalione both had north of 250 winners in 2020 and a combined strike rate of 23 per cent. I’d expect Cross Border to be placed just behind the leaders in a race where there shouldn’t be much pace on up front.
We are running our online MBS here with money back on horses than finish 2nd, 3rd and 4th (usual T&C’s apply) as 12 go to post for this year’s Pegasus World Cup. The race lost its likely favourite in Charlatan, but still has a superstar in Breeders Cup Dirt Mile winner, Knicks Go.
He has looked a changed animal since moving to Brad Cox but races at Gulfstream for the first time, without race-day medication for the first time and faces a trip that’s he’s never won over.
The play is to look to get him beaten and I’ll do that with Code Of Honor. The draw in 10 could be better, but he’s tactically versatile and has ran some excellent races this year. He’s won at the track and gets his perfect trip too. What’s not to like?
Sean O’Sullivan’s Saturday selections at Gulfstream
- Jump over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Paddy’s best-backed horses for the 2021 Cheltenham Festival
- Cheltenham Festival: 5 to note as the countdown continues
- Here’s 8 Cheltenham course specialists to keep onside for March
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Supreme Novices Hurdle
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Ballymore Novices Hurdle
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle
- Paddy Power Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the rescheduled £1m sweepstake on January 30
- Paddy’s literally all over the telly thanks to our new ITV sponsorship