*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while in-copy odds are accurate at time of publication but subject to change
Great Esteem found just one too good on both his outings for Charlie Appleby in 2019, well supported on both occasions, and he demonstrated just why he had been so strong in the betting on those outings when, after 16 months off, he opened his account for Archie Watson at the first attempt at Kempton earlier this month, allowed to control the tempo before finding extra to repel one or two challengers in the straight, doing so in quite likeable fashion. He remains open to improvement and could be a useful handicapper in the making.
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
Jack The Truth managed to rack up three wins from his eight runs last year, including a double at Chelmsford in September and October. He failed in his hat-trick bid at the same venue next time out, but things didn’t really go his way on that occasion, and, after a three-month break, he ran up to his best when a close third at Wolverhampton earlier this month. His mark is unchanged and he appeals as a major player on these terms, particularly with plenty of his rivals arriving here with a bit to prove.
- DON’T MISS OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN CHECK OUT ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
Princess Elektra looked limited in terms of ability on early evidence, beating home just two horses in her first three outings, but, upped in trip for her handicap debut at Wolverhampton earlier this month, she showed much more than she previously had. The application of first-time blinkers possibly helped her settle a bit better as she finished a very good seventh, not ideally paced after missing the break but staying on after being shaken up over two furlongs out. She holds solid claims if able to build on that effort – she comes out top on Timeform’s weight-adjusted ratings – and is expected to be bang there.
Timeform’s best bets at Newcastle
- Jump over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Paddy’s non-runner no bet on all Cheltenham Festival 2021 races
- 5 to thrive for Paddy’s Cheltenham 2021 offer
- Paddy Power Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the rescheduled £1m sweepstake on January 30