* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
A winning pointer, LAGONDA showed ability amid greenness when fourth in an Ayr bumper on her debut in November. She built on the promise of that effort to finish second at Carlisle the following month and was unlucky to bump into one so useful on that occasion, pulling well clear of the rest. She should do better now sent over hurdles, and with the step up in trip also a positive move, she is taken to make a successful debut over obstacles.
WELSH SAINT looked an excellent staying prospect when scoring over hurdles at Warwick and Haydock last season. His victory on the latter occasion a particularly useful piece of form, and he appeals as the type to potentially do even better over fences. He represents the powerful Nicky Henderson yard and gets the vote to make a winning start to life as a chaser.
Purchased for £150,000 after finishing second in an Irish point on debut in March, PATROLCLUS came in for plenty of support ahead of his first outing under Rules at Warwick last month.
Even though he failed to justify odds-on favouritism, he did shape with definite promise. He is clearly held in high regard, and with improvement anticipated, this could prove a good opportunity for him to get off the mark.
MAJESTIC MERLIN demonstrated clear signs of promise in a couple of novice hurdles at Newton Abbot in October. He duly showed improved form to finish runner-up on his handicap debut at Wincanton the following month, unlucky to bump into one who was well ahead of his mark and has gone in again since.
Majestic Merlin pulled clear of the remainder on that occasion, and given he remains open to further improvement, he looks the one to side with ahead of Fearless Fracas and Give Us A Swig.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
- Horse Racing tips: Our 4 to score at Clonmel on Tuesday
NEETSIDE was in the process of running well before departing at the last on her return to action at Taunton in November. She proved herself none the worse for that fall when producing a career-best effort to finish runner-up at this venue recently.
She travelled well and looking the favourite for much of the straight, just lacking the resolution of the winner in the dying stages. She pulled 20 lengths clear of the remainder however, and is expected to be bang there again from the same mark.
Modest at best over hurdles, DON HERBAGER has taken well to chasing, overcoming a 19-month absence to get back on track at Lingfield in November. He finished second on his first attempt over fences, before filling the places once again at Ffos Las eight days later.
Don Herbager responded well late on to ensure he was still grinding away at the finish. He should benefit from a return to 3m, and given this field is full of largely exposed types, he appeals as the one to side with.
CHAVEZ gave Paul Nicholls yet another debutant bumper winner as he claimed victory at Chepstow in November. He did so in the style of a useful recruit, doing enough to see off a group of horses with experience. The runner-up has come out and won over hurdles since, and with improvement expected of Chavez, he ought to be capable of defying a penalty and maintaining his unbeaten record.
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s tasty trio of punts at Southwell on Tuesday
- Irish racing punter lands €3,000 on a fab four-fold after staking just €2
- Horse Racing tips: Brendan Duke’s 5 early fancies to score at Cheltenham 2021
- Horse Racing: Paddy’s non-runner money back on all 2021 Cheltenham Races
- Horse Racing tips: 5 to thrive for Paddy’s Cheltenham 2021 non-runner no bet offer
- Cheltenham Festival: 8 course specialists to keep onside for March
- Cheltenham Festival: 5 horses to note as the countdown continues