* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Katty D ran well in defeat in a 6-furlong classified here last month and has the potential to build on that performance over today’s longer trip, but the only previous winner in the line-up FAST EMMA makes most appeal.
Michael Bell’s filly is untested on Fibresand, but she battled gamely to prevail at Lingfield recently and remains lightly raced. Halwa Azyan was denied a clear run before finishing well at Lingfield last time and is also of interest.
This can go to GHOST RIDER, who was learning on the job when runner-up here last week and improvement looks a formality. One of the newcomers may give him most to think about, with Johnny Boom perhaps the most likely of them.
Richard Fahey’s DEFENCE TREATY, who likes to race prominently, has been consistent on the Tapeta and it’s worth chancing he’ll take to this surface. He’s preferred to Thrave.
A tight handicap in which cases can be made for all five. Hopefully, NOTATION is as progressive as she looked when winning here last time and she’s preferred ahead of Arabian King.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s 3 best bets at Punchestown on Sunday
Maykir looks to be the obvious one as he is now seeking a hat-trick, but last week’s race did pan out perfectly and a penalty elevates him to a career-high figure. It could pay to take him on with DRAMATISTA, in the hope that she can translate her recent Newcastle form to Fibresand.
Wasntexpectingthat, Zylan and KATHEEFA can all have good cases made on their best form here and of the three the top weight is by far the biggest enigma. It will be fascinating to see if Paul Midgley can coax him back to form but at this stage he has plenty to prove.
Zylan brings good recent form here, but Katheefa is well treated with that one on his best Fibresand form last January and showed signs of a return to form here recently.
Several in-form candidates, but NICK VEDDER (NAP) has looked revitalised this year and, having won with considerable authority over 6 furlongs here last Sunday, he is taken to complete a quick hat-trick. Recent course and distance winner Al Suil Eile has his 5lbs penalty more than offset by George Bass’s useful 7lbs claim and is second choice. Unapologetic has some potential for improvement if suited by today’s switch to Fibresand and is next on the list.
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s terrific trio of punts at Punchestown on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 best bets at Southwell on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Brendan Duke’s 4 fine fancies at Punchestown on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: 4 to score from PPTV at Southwell on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey and Paddy Power’s best bets for Punchestown
- Horse Racing tips: Our 3 Punchestown plays could storm up on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: This fab 15/2 play tops our best bets at Punchestown today
- Horse Racing tips: Brendan Duke’s 5 early fancies to score at Cheltenham 2021
- Horse Racing: Paddy’s non-runner money back on all 2021 Cheltenham Races
- Horse Racing tips: 5 to thrive for Paddy’s Cheltenham 2021 non-runner no bet offer