* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
The manner of Miss Ameila’s win when she won over track and trip back in October is just very hard to ignore. There still should be plenty up the sleeve for the Mark Walford-trained eight-year-old and improvement is very likely after a solid 2020 campaign. Sean Bowen rides and that’s another plus as he’s in a bit of form with four winners in the past fortnight.
I am going to take a chance here on the Jonjo O’ Neil trained runner here owned by JP McManus. The horse goes back over Hurdles after it’s fall over fences at Huntington last time out back in October. There was plenty to like about the horses win over hurdles on it’s handicap debut at Newbury back in February so despite the horse not taking to fences on it’s latest appearance I think it could right in the mix here in this one. Another plus is that Jonjo O’Neil Jnr rode a winner for his father at Wetherby yesterday. So that’s another good sign…Flight Deck for me in the 2.50.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACE CARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
Kilpin has steadily improved over fences and ran a cracker latest when finishing behind Volcano over 3m at Warwick. That level of form is certainly good enough to win today’s race and we know that the trip will not be a problem – unlike some of his rivals Trainer Nigel Twiston-Davies has a good strike rate at Bangor and son Sam is in town for just the two rides. Kilpin looks the main one.
This chestnut colt was picked up after finishing second in a maiden point in December 2019 for £115,000. He was well fancied when a disappointing fourth in a Uttoxeter bumper last October but a line can be drawn through that performance as the experience clearly got to him and he pulled way too hard in the early part of the race. His trainer Harry Fry is flying since moving to his new stables and sent out recent Grade 1 winner Metier. He could have another good one with Fishkhov on his hurdling debut.
Carl & Justin’s Bet Summary – Thursday, 13th of January.
- Jump over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Paddy’s non-runner no bet on all Cheltenham Festival 2021 races
- Brendan Duke’s 5 early Non runner money back Cheltenham 2021 fancies
- 5 to thrive for Paddy’s Cheltenham 2021 offer
- Paddy punter lands £17k on New Year’s Day off £5 stake
- Paddy Power Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the rescheduled £1m sweepstake on January 30
- Paddy’s literally all over the telly thanks to our new ITV sponsorship
- Say hello to Paddy’s Bet Builder – all you need to know about placing an acca on a single game