* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
KINGDOM FOUND’s pedigree suggests she ought to be capable of better than she has shown thus far – a Kingman filly who is a half-sister to several winners – and she could be worth another chance on just her second handicap start. She made an underwhelming handicap debut at Wolverhampton last time, but she is 3lbs lower in the weights here and has to be taken seriously.
A New Bay colt whose dam was also a winner in France, LA TIHATY made some appeal ahead of his debut over this course and distance last month. He duly showed plenty of ability, a little rough around the edges but getting the hang of things late on, keeping on for second. He is sure to progress and looks the one to beat.
A winner here back in September, HEY HO LET’S GO has come close to regaining the winning thread in his last couple of outings, beaten by a neck at Kempton before getting collared late on at this venue last time. He travelled like the best horse at the weights on the latter occasion, just doing too much too soon, and he is certainly one to note at this level.
JENNIVERE caused a bit of an upset when getting off the mark at a big price at Kempton in October, and, after a couple of below par performances subsequently, she found some improvement to finish runner-up over this course and distance last time. That form has been franked twice since and Jennivere must holds solid claims if in similar form.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
Fit from the Flat, BALLYDOYLE finished a solid third on just his second outing over hurdles at Plumpton last month. He took a strong hold before being driven after three out, unable to get near the runaway winner. That form has received a couple of subsequent boosts, and given Ballydoyle was hardly seen to best effect on his last two outings in this sphere, he could be worth chancing on his return to the Flat.
PASSIONAL has been consistent since joining Stuart Williams’ yard, making the most of a good opportunity to open her account at Southwell last month. She following up back in handicap company at Wolverhampton last time, finishing well on top at the end of a truly run race. She is very much going the right way now and is sure to go well again under a 5lbs penalty.
DEVIZES came in for support ahead of his run over this course and distance last month, and he duly turned in his best performance of the season – taking advantage of a basement mark to run the winner close. The application of first-time cheekpieces could have proved a catalyst for improvement on that occasion, and with the headgear retained here, he looks one of the more likely winners.
- Paddy Power Millionaire Chase: Cheltenham’s New Year’s Day meet abandoned – what happens now
- Horse Racing tips: Punter lands £17k on New Year’s Day off £5 stake
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 3 slick picks at Wolverhampton on Tuesday
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey’s lively double at Lingfield on Tuesday
- Cheltenham 2021: Clues & Questions for the Festival from the Christmas period
- Paddy’s literally all over racing on the telly thanks to our new ITV sponsorship