* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
GLOBAL VISION shaped much better than the result would suggest when seventh on his handicap debut at Wolverhampton last month, making good late headway having been left with a hopeless task in a steadily run race after blowing the start.
Global Vision also wasn’t seen to best effect at Wolverhampton last time, though he was partly to blame for his problems after again breaking slowly, while he took time to find full stride in the straight after initially looking none too keen.
He is perhaps not straightforward, but there is little doubt he has the ability to win a handicap from this mark, while the application of cheekpieces and switch to this stiffer track could bring about some improvement.
THE MACKEM TORPEDO has been progressing steadily of late, putting together a sequence of good efforts. After hitting the frame on four outings at this venue, The Mackem Torpedo showed improved form to get off the mark here when dropped to six furlongs.
He was narrowly denied when racing too keenly over seven furlongs at Wolverhampton but got back to winning ways at that venue last time, benefiting from the return to six furlongs.
He is developing a good record at sprint trips and is well worth a crack at the minimum distance at a stiff track like this. He is only 3 lb higher than last time and should launch another bold bid.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
DEB’S DELIGHT seemed unsuited by the sharp track at Lingfield last time, making only late headway into a never-threatening fifth, but he should be more comfortable back here.
Deb’s Delight shaped well on his two previous starts at this venue, particularly on the second occasion earlier this month when he ran on strongly away from the main action. That effort identified him as one to be interested in, and he is now able to race off a 3 lb lower mark.
He is lightly raced and unexposed over a mile, a trip which promises to suit, so he should give a good account.
- Jump over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s super 7 picks at Lingfield on Thursday
- Horse racing tips: 4 top selections for Punchestown on Thursday
- Paddy Power refunds on Irish & UK runners hit by Christmas travel ban
- Paddy’s Hall of Fame: Punter pockets nearly €6k off €1.40 racing sixfold
- Great news – Paddy’s updating the app – again!